Leaf Juggling

Very delicious souvenir, Harry! (y)

It is at once both a lovely image of your daughter and the way you have captured the theme/subject and certainly a family wall hanger :)

But I think it looks stronger compositionally when cropped at the bottom along the line of the jacket hem , possibly lower across the hem of the blue starry top? IMO this concentrates the viewers eye on her face and the immediate surrounding leaves plus removes the distraction of the viewers eye 'falling out' the bottom of the picture.......plus it emphasizes the autumn colour of the jacket going with the theme of autumn leaves.

Last edited:
Really well composed. What lets it down a little for me is the compositing of the leaves. Assume your using photoshop? I can clearly see white fringing and duplication on a lot of the leaves. For these types shots to be convincing you have to nail the cutout of the leaf and avoid duplicating. Otherwise a great shot.
yes some are duplicated in PS was just a quick job, the rest are just thrown up in the air by her. Had been raining so most where stuck together. Was just an off the cuff idea whilst out collecting conkers with my daughter. Will try it again sometime with a little more planning. thanks

Back