Learn how to make a website?

Name
Peter Mitchell
Edit My Images
Yes
I was wondering how many people on here would be interested in learning the basics of HTML/CSS if I were to run weekly "classes" on here where we all work through the basics and then post our progress at the end of the session.

Would probably be a fixed time every week starting off with extreme basics and progressing onto the slightly more advanced stuff later on.

Files could be sent to me via email and I could host them on my servers updating the list whenever someone new wants to join so that everyone can see how others are doing.

Obviously this is just a passing idea and would be more oganised if people were genuinely keen?

Nut sure if i personally can afford regular time to follow a class as such. But would be very interested to learn some basics at least, maybe through a series of tutorials?

I have just spent a fair bit on having a website built for me because i can't do it myself. Knowing a bit in order to be able to maintain it and make changes myself would be great!

It wouldn't be a class as such. I probably would aim more towards the tutorial side of things but will post them at around the same time each week that I know I will be online. Ill also be there to answer questions if anyone gets stuck for immediate response. Other queries outwith the time of the "class" may have to wait a day or so for a reply.

Hi Peter!

I've tried to teach myself quite a bit (HTML For Dummies etc.:LOL:!) and I'd be very interested(y)!

I would be interest, brought a template and alter it in dreamweaver but don't really know the concepts so it would be great to start from basic and work up including CSS.
Very kind of you to offer.

I would be interested. I know absolutely nothing about this subject!

Kev.

and I would be interested as well...sooner the better;D

Due to shift work, could not make a regular time, but would be extremely interested in learning about this.

If you can be bothered, I think this would be an excellent idea and should be made into a sticky series of threads so people who have yet to even join could learn?
Thank you for such a generous offer...

Interesting idea....

I can already design websites but will be interested to see how this goes, who knows i may learn something from one of the tutorials.

I've designed and maintained my own websites for years but it would be a good idea to find out how I should have been doing it! I would be interested as sometimes things just don't work as expected.

Seems as if theres quite a bit of interest to probably warrant this going ahead. I will start planning it and how the tutorials will work then get typing ready to publish the first one, probably a week on Sunday due to time constraints in the coming few days.

I'll also get a space on my server ready to cater for all your mini-sites to be hosted.

you can put me down for interest, are we talking coding from scratch ?

Yeah going from knowing absolutely nothing to putting together a basic website with HTML/CSS.

This sounds like a great idea. I have recently paid to have my website deisgned and hosted so would love to learn more. Cheers for the offer. (y)

How will we know when you have started the first thread? Could you do a link from this one so the everyone interested will get the heads up? :shrug:

Gareth

I know a bit, but I would certainly keep an eye on this.

i`m certainly up for this, i know absolutely nothing about it but would love to learn. Thanks for your generous offer.

And me mate, could be well timed!

Just the thing for me! I've somehow managed to successfully mangle a template to unsuccessfully produce a page!

Last edited:
Nice one Beezer, count me in. Very generous offer.

interested in tutorials but don't know that i want to be submitting "homework" ;)

Please count me in; would love to learn about this.

Thank you for a wonderful gesture (y)

I'm very interested too. Software may be an issue though, as I have none!

You won't need any software.

If you run windows, the notepad will be enough.

I'll provide a list of free downloadable code editors for both Mac and PC.

Anyone wanting to copy homework I will consider loaning mine for 2 marbles and a finger of fudge

jd.smith said:
Anyone wanting to copy homework I will consider loaning mine for 2 marbles and a finger of fudge

Yeah but you still owe me a Bar Six and a sherbet dib dab for doing your history essay.

You won't need any software.

If you run windows, the notepad will be enough.

I'll provide a list of free downloadable code editors for both Mac and PC.

I run OSX but i'm assuming that we only need a text editor in that case?

I would be interested, but a fixed time would be difficult.
Thanks for a kind gesture indeed

Back