Leaving for Canada tomorrow!

Edit My Images
No
Extract from my online journal:-
This is my last full day in the UK. I leave for Toronto tomorrow and won't be back for one year. Someone asked me how I felt. It is like hitting the reset button on your PC. I have to make sure I've saved everything I want from this country, because theres no going back! After I press the reset button tomorrow I'll have to reboot my life in Canada. Everything i've shutdown here will have to be reopened over there.

Today I had to hand over my car keys and house keys which makes it feel more real somehow. This is really happenning. I just hope I've remembered everything I need and that I remember to have fun when I get there.

My next journal entry will be from Canada, but it may be a while before I have Internet Access. Then again, it might be tomorrow! :)

Take care everyone,
I'll speak to you all soon,
Dave.
Somewhere In Toronto

I hope it all goes well for you Dave.

It will be hard at times but keep smiling, keep going forward and I am sure it will all work out fine.

As you say, try not to forget to have fun as well :)

Keep well and safe.

Good Luck Dave, I really hope it all goes well for you and you slot in to something nice and quick!

Definetly a nice day to leave the UK on. Sun shining, girls chirping. I saw him off then watched his plane leave. I eventually arrived home and then stalked him online via some fancy plane tracker.

Some pics.

CRW_5286-01.jpg

CRW_5274-01.jpg

Loading up his gear. 1st case was photography gear, 2nd was clothes, and the 3rd was all sorts of illegal contraband to sell to those silly Canadians :D

CRW_5294-01.jpg

CRW_5303-01.jpg

No turning back now.

CRW_5322-01.jpg

Lift off. A tad far away for my little 28-105, but I didn't want to lug the 100-400 around.

CRW_5332-01.jpg

Next stop, Toronto.

How you getting on Dave?

I also read your journal, it sounds to me like you have some pretty nasty critters there as well :shock:

Glad you are getting settled Dave, its a shame about the job but I agree with you, for that money you are far better holding out till something better comes along.

Good luck with the driving too :D

jewel said:
Hey Dave, glad your doing good here in Toronto. I read a bit of your journal there, and yes us women over here are pretty damn hot! :D

Jewel

Which part of Ontario are you from ?

Interesting reading.

Sure hope you are enjoying Canada, Dave. Maybe we'll have a coffee someday at Tim Horton's!

Jewel, WHERE are you? Sounds like you're pretty close to me.

Patzt said:
Interesting reading.

Sure hope you are enjoying Canada, Dave. Maybe we'll have a coffee someday at Tim Horton's!

Jewel, WHERE are you? Sounds like you're pretty close to me.

Tim Horton's? Pah!

Second Cup is the best. :)

Dave said:
Tim Horton's? Pah!

Second Cup is the best. :)

HAHAHA! Well, I used to work the night shift in a Tim Horton's here in Guelph making the best muffins in town so have to say "Tim's is best". But I also like Second Cup. I sit at one in our mall.

jewel said:
If your canadian, Tim's is the only one man.lol :thumb:

jules

Did you see that programme where they ask American's questions about Canada? It was hilarious.

They thought Tim Horton was the Prime Minister. :)
They thought Toronto had a polar bear crisis.
They thought we had only just adopted the 24hr clock to move into line with the rest of North America. :D

Dave said:
Did you see that programme where they ask American's questions about Canada? It was hilarious.

They thought we had only just adopted the 24hr clock to move into line with the rest of North America. :D

are you kidding me? It's amazing what one doesn't know about others in different countries eh! These were American's though? they should know better, come on my goodness!

Jules

Dave said:

That's so funny! I'm sitting here giggling.

I actually think I saw that programme but not sure.

Which reminds me. Anna on here sent me a photo taken in Sunderland, England of a Tim Horton's Donut stand in some mall somewhere with all the donuts and muffins but no coffee! :laugh1:

Hi Dave, enjoy Toronto! Although I come from Montreal, my parents live in Oakville now, about a 30 minute drive west of the city.

Yes, Tim's is definitely where the self-respecting Canadian drinks good coffee!

I've also done my time as a Tim's employee -- tough job! It's ALWAYS busy.

And yes, Pat's right -- there's a Tim's in the Metro Centre mall in Gateshead, but they don't sell coffee!!!!

:banana:

Back