Lee`s or Hitechs?

Are Lee filters made of plastic/resin as well or are they actually glass? I ask because I've got a hitech NDG filter and within a day or two of buying it, I'd scratched the bugger despite being as gentle and careful as I could. Doesn't appear to have affected the image much but it's still there.

I've been looking for something like this for some time. Can you confirm the size of filter you use in the Cokin BPW700A? I was thinking about getting 100mm but I suspect only the 85mm ones fit. Going smaller may not be a bad idea as you could buy the hard and soft grad sets in 85mm size for about the same price as just the soft grad set in 100mm.

85mm filters, at least that is what I have just ordered so they better be!!!!!!

I've been looking for something like this for some time. Can you confirm the size of filter you use in the Cokin BPW700A? I was thinking about getting 100mm but I suspect only the 85mm ones fit. Going smaller may not be a bad idea as you could buy the hard and soft grad sets in 85mm size for about the same price as just the soft grad set in 100mm.

This holder supports 85mm filters only. If you go for the 100mm HiTech filters you could consider the Lee filter holder and adaptor rings - possibly a better long term approach as you would also be able to use Lee or Singh Ray filters when funds allow.

or Singh Ray filters when funds allow.

I've heard they're the dogs wotsits, gold plated, encrusted with diamonds when it comes to filters. But have NEVER seen them for sale anywhere! Do they exist? Sounds like the name of the guy who runs our local corner shop.

I've been using the Hi tech for a while, and get along with them quite well. For me it came down to balancing cost/quality/useage, and the Hi Techs hit the mark. I couldn't justify sependeing on Lee's for something that doesn't get used that much.

On a bit of a thread creep, does anyone know where I can get a wallet holder for 100mm square filters? (as at the moment they are just in the plastic wallets they came in). I 've had a look round but couldn't spot anything.

On a bit of a thread creep, does anyone know where I can get a wallet holder for 100mm square filters? (as at the moment they are just in the plastic wallets they came in). I 've had a look round but couldn't spot anything.

Like this?

Thanks, that'll do nicely, think I need to improve my internet search skills ;)

I've heard they're the dogs wotsits, gold plated, encrusted with diamonds when it comes to filters. But have NEVER seen them for sale anywhere! Do they exist? Sounds like the name of the guy who runs our local corner shop.

There made to order and you order direct from them: http://www.singh-ray.com/index.html - best be seated before you look at the prices :D & remember to add about 25% to cover import duty and VAT.

thanks. it's not on top of my list, and still need to pay off new camera, but maybe someone might sell them used and we all win ;-)

will research holders etc. when i get closer to the time of looking to buy

Got my filters through today and they fit the kood holder lovely. What a bargain :)

Back