weekly Leebert's 52 in 2016. Week 15 Horizontal.

Hi Lee,
  • Topical - Okay I do finally understand all the cream references, it's on theme but sorry, a bit meh imo.
  • Living World - Nicely sharp in the focal plane you intended and nicely on theme. (I must admit I thought this was your shot for spiky though)
  • Spiky - Really nice shot. Good use of DoF with the primary subject in focus and some nice bokeh in the background (y)
  • Personal - Quite a sweet shot and on theme. Have you seen the recent video from Tony & Chelsea (I think it was them) regarding white vignettes?
  • Effort - Cool shot, I like the contrast between the colours of the cat's fur and the blue mat? I must admit it was a shot I had pondered for effort ;)

Good catch up Lee, I particularly like personal, good subject, nicely processed and effort, your cat stands out well against the blue blanket, nice sharp shot.

Well done Lee. Like the DoF in Topical which draws focus to the fingertip. Living World & Spiky both good technically and spot on theme. Like the dreamy vignette in Personal which suts the subject well but my fave of the set is undoubtedly Effort ... or the lack of it maybe. Well captured, nicely composed and lit. :clap:

Hi Lee,
  • Topical - Okay I do finally understand all the cream references, it's on theme but sorry, a bit meh imo.
  • Living World - Nicely sharp in the focal plane you intended and nicely on theme. (I must admit I thought this was your shot for spiky though)
  • Spiky - Really nice shot. Good use of DoF with the primary subject in focus and some nice bokeh in the background (y)
  • Personal - Quite a sweet shot and on theme. Have you seen the recent video from Tony & Chelsea (I think it was them) regarding white vignettes?
  • Effort - Cool shot, I like the contrast between the colours of the cat's fur and the blue mat? I must admit it was a shot I had pondered for effort ;)
Thanks Tim. I know what you mean about Topical. By the time I had got around to it, I couldn't think of anything really different.
I haven't seen the video you mention but will check it out - Many thanks.

Good catch up Lee, I particularly like personal, good subject, nicely processed and effort, your cat stands out well against the blue blanket, nice sharp shot.
Thank you Chris (y)

Well done Lee. Like the DoF in Topical which draws focus to the fingertip. Living World & Spiky both good technically and spot on theme. Like the dreamy vignette in Personal which suts the subject well but my fave of the set is undoubtedly Effort ... or the lack of it maybe. Well captured, nicely composed and lit. :clap:
Many thanks Carl - much appreciated.

Wel down on catching up Lee some really nice images
Thank you Mark :)

Onto the missing Week 11 photo - Artificial.
Spotted this at Covent Garden near to the Tube station. Is it a real statue or artificial? ;) Not so happy with the background and the bollard on this one but not much I could do about that except go as wide as I could on the aperture to separate the subject from the background.
TP 2016 52. Week 11: Artificial. by Lee Francis, on Flickr

A bit of spare time this morning resulted in the next two photos for Week 14 - Technology.
The sheer amount of computing power in the average mobile phone these days is incredible. A testament to the ever rapid rate of evolution of Technology...
Technology_2 by Lee Francis, on Flickr

Technology_1 by Lee Francis, on Flickr

Thank you for taking the time to look in.

Hi Lee

The spot of Topical cream on the fingertip is a simple idea nicely done.

Spiky is sharp.

Artificial - I think you have done a good job considering it is Covent Garden, very good idea for the theme, like the idea of someone pretending to be artificial.

Technology - doesn't get more technological than that nicely captured.

Hi Lee. Artificial: Always intriguing seeing human statues, the optical illusion I suppose. Nicely taken Lee - the bollard is not distracting, it is a feature of urbanity these days. Technology: Spot on for the theme - nice DoF too.

Artificial. Bollard doesn't really bother me and unless it was very busy I might have waited for a few left people in the BG.

Technology, # for me, I'd like th bottom move in focus. Mouth have been an idea to be bery caring and just photograph the logo...very minimal.

Cheers.

Artificial - Really like that Lee great image for the theme

Technology - I too prefer the second image a nice simple image that says what it is

Great catch up Lee.
I like the Topical shot for its simplicity.

Artificial is good too. The look on the face of the lady on the right rear is fantastic.

Technology....Second shot for me...I like the phone the right way up :)

hi, "artificial" its in situ so the BG is what it is, interesting take, I wonder how comfortable that is

"technology" out of the 2 i too prefer the second one not sure why either

Hi Lee - artificial works and I have to say, the bloke is clearly putting in a bit more effort than some of these silver painted statue people, so I guess it could have worked for that theme too!

Both technology shots are sound, although neither blows me away... sometimes it is what it is! They're well composed and perspective through DOF works well, perhaps it's just because they're both quite dark images meaning you have to strain a bit more to make out things? As I said though, they're solid shots and well captured (y)

Topical - on theme and focus right where it should be
Spiky - I like the Holly best
Personal - great photo deserving of a spot on the mantlepiece
Effort - lovely photo
Artificial - Good choice for the theme
Technology - The second one works best I think

Hiya Lee,

topical - bang on the money foe the theme, I like the framing and DoF you have used
the living world, almost perfect for the spiky them.
Spiky is well spiky, well shot image
Personal is very nice with good hand the positions
Effort - lucky cat, time to chill out

Thank you all for taking the time to have a look and comment - it is much appreciated.(y)

Hi Lee

The spot of Topical cream on the fingertip is a simple idea nicely done.

Spiky is sharp.
Thank you David. Much appreciated.

Artificial - I think you have done a good job considering it is Covent Garden, very good idea for the theme, like the idea of someone pretending to be artificial.

Technology - doesn't get more technological than that nicely captured.
Thank Chris (y)

Hi Lee. Artificial: Always intriguing seeing human statues, the optical illusion I suppose. Nicely taken Lee - the bollard is not distracting, it is a feature of urbanity these days. Technology: Spot on for the theme - nice DoF too.
Thank you Carl.

Artificial. Bollard doesn't really bother me and unless it was very busy I might have waited for a few left people in the BG.

Technology, # for me, I'd like th bottom move in focus. Mouth have been an idea to be bery caring and just photograph the logo...very minimal.

Cheers.
Cheers Andy. I did wait for a while but I was supposed to be surveying for work so didn't want to push my luck! Shhhh! Don't tell anyone ;) @posiview. Great 'auto corrects'. I think I understand :D

Artificial is nice and sharp, how does he do that?
Technology, I prefer the second one, but I dont know why.
Thanks Clive.

Artificial - Really like that Lee great image for the theme

Technology - I too prefer the second image a nice simple image that says what it is
Thank you Mark.

Great catch up Lee.
I like the Topical shot for its simplicity.

Artificial is good too. The look on the face of the lady on the right rear is fantastic.

Technology....Second shot for me...I like the phone the right way up :)
Thank you Ruth. I didn't notice the lady in the BG until I processed the image. A bit of luck there :)

hi, "artificial" its in situ so the BG is what it is, interesting take, I wonder how comfortable that is

"technology" out of the 2 i too prefer the second one not sure why either
Hi Allan. Thank you. I know I wouldn't want to do it!

Hi Lee - artificial works and I have to say, the bloke is clearly putting in a bit more effort than some of these silver painted statue people, so I guess it could have worked for that theme too!

Both technology shots are sound, although neither blows me away... sometimes it is what it is! They're well composed and perspective through DOF works well, perhaps it's just because they're both quite dark images meaning you have to strain a bit more to make out things? As I said though, they're solid shots and well captured (y)
Thanks Paul. I went for a bit of a low key look to the Tech photos. I understand what you mean re straining to see things. I might experiment with a brighter shot for the reshoot.

Hi Lee ...those 'statues' do look impressive don't they, I wonder just how comfortable it is to be that one. I don't mind the location, it fits well with what he's doing.

Technology ...definitely the second one, the Apple logo stands out well.
Thank you Susie (y)

A really original take on artificial - I like it. I think you got the focal point just right in the second technology shot.
Thank you Emma.

Topical - on theme and focus right where it should be
Spiky - I like the Holly best
Personal - great photo deserving of a spot on the mantlepiece
Effort - lovely photo
Artificial - Good choice for the theme
Technology - The second one works best I think
Thank you.

Hiya Lee,

topical - bang on the money foe the theme, I like the framing and DoF you have used
the living world, almost perfect for the spiky them.
Spiky is well spiky, well shot image
Personal is very nice with good hand the positions
Effort - lucky cat, time to chill out
Thanks for your comments Lee.

Week 15 - Horizontal:

A bit of a weak one from me this week unfortunately. It didn't really come out as well as I had hoped and the light was simply dire! I hope to improve on this weeks theme at some point...

A Grob Twin Astir just after landing at Kenley Aerodrome. P1 is keeping the wings nice and horizontal.

TP 2016 52. Week 15: Horizontal. by Lee Francis, on Flickr

Hi Lee. Well that'll do nicely for Horizontal - the wide wing span is a primary feature of the glider and you got all that in. Got some detail in the sky too.

Back