Leeds Buildings Black and White

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
Went for a late afternoon walk around Leeds today hoping for some soft light to compliment the moody sky.
Photos were taken with Sony RX100 vii but I've been having some problems with processing on phone (Snapseed) lately so keen to know if these look ok when viewed on other people's devices, so any comments welcome.

Leeds in Monochrome by NP UK, on Flickr

A good set.
They look more contrasty on Flick,r which I prefer

Funny you should say that... I noticed that they didn't look as clear on here but put that down to the lower resolution link but I'm surprised the contrast is lower too.

They do seem much crisper on flickr, not so good here, and the halo from the processing around the top of the tower is much more obvious at a small size. Might be worth trying to embed the next size up for a bit more resolution:

Last edited:
They do seem much crisper on flickr, not so good here, and the halo from the processing around the top of the tower is much more obvious at a small size. Might be worth trying to embed the next size up for a bit more resolution:

Ancient Mariner.... Thanks for checking and the feedback. They were initially uploaded as medium (343 x 500) resolution links. I'll upload the medium res (548 x 800) and then the higher res (702 x 1024)and see how they compare on my phone and different monitors. Out of interest, what are you viewing them on as the haloing on the tower wasn't obvious to me on my monitor but now you point it out I can see it on my phone.

They both look a bit greyed out on my work monitor but it's not calibrated so might not be the best way to judge.
I feel like I've had more problems with this recently than I used to have, as if something has changed. Perhaps a phone firmware or Snapseed update has changed what I'm seeing.

This is photo 3 at two differing resolutions...

his is photo 3 at two differing resolutions...

On my phone right now the lower image is cleaner with more contrast. Both appear the same size on the phone screen.

I was looking at image 1 for comment on my laptop (calibrated but with brightness up) but it's more obvious on the phone with a smaller screen.

Last edited:
I agree with @ancient_mariner that #2 looksto have more detail and contrast.
That may be partly due to #2 being large on the screen and therefore easier to pick out detail
But apart from this pickiness, I still think it is a very good set.

Thanks for the feedback superpippo.
I don't think it is just because of it being larger on your screen because as ancient mariner said they appear differently (detail and contrast wise) one next to the other on phone screen even though they display at same size.
I'm struggling to work out where the problem lies because I'm getting inconsistent post processing results (as in lack of contrast) regardless of whether I edit on phone screen or monitor (non-calibrated). Some images come out fine but some very grey and it's spoiling the enjoyment of my hobby.
Maybe I'm over processing some images when I edit on my phone screen and don't realise because it's too small.

Back