Leeds Tropical World (Meercat pic edited)

Name
Kaz
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Very nice set, love the croc shot.

Thanks, I love the croc shot too. The croc was there nice and still so I managed to shoot it handheld at ISO100 1/6 sec f/5.6. Even the full res version is pin sharp.

Yea, I was just about to comment on how nice and sharp the croc shot was. Are they not behind glass?

Thanks, all the shots posted are from behind glass.

someone must have been up all night polishing that glass! The last time I remember seeing crocs at the zoo, which admittedly was about 10 years ago, I seem to remember the glass not being so clean and collecting moisture droplets.

love the last 3 shots, absolutely amazing! I really like the first one, love it! But the eyes just seem a tad out of focus :(

Thanks! :) You're right the focus isn't too good on that one but unfortunately I only shot one with this funny facial expression.

someone must have been up all night polishing that glass! The last time I remember seeing crocs at the zoo, which admittedly was about 10 years ago, I seem to remember the glass not being so clean and collecting moisture droplets.

You'd be very surprised how dirty the glass actually were, the meercat one in particular was very dirty. All except the croc one was shot at 200mm on the 70-200mm f/4, I think the long focal length and shallow DOF blends out the dirty glass quite effectively.

...................looking at the photos again I think the meercat one is a bit flat looking now I'm looking at it on my laptop. I think I forgot to do curves I'll have another go.

Last edited:
Here it is. I think it's better, but I know my laptop is overly bright and tends to wash out colours, not to mention looks different in different angles so let me know if it seems too dark in your monitor (I've packed my IPS one away for a house move)

Meercat 3 -edited by Kaz Shiomitsu, on Flickr

Last edited:
They are great photos!

I love the meercat photo! Very good expression.

Back