Left or Right eye shooter ?

would have been interesting to have had this as a poll so we can see the breakdown a bit more clearererer (as keith lemon would say)

Right handed, and use my right eye. Although I do keep my left eye open, so I can see what's going on around me while clicking.

Tried using my left eye and it feels very alien.

Right Eye, can't see nout but fuzziness out of my left eye.

Right handed and use my right eye, tempted to use my left eye now to see what it comes out like though....

Just tried.....Portrait right....lanscape left.

JOD.

Right & Right for me.

Right handed, but left eye for me as the right eye is useless. As other have said, it makes firing any gun other than a pistol interesting!

Right handed, left eyed. Have tried to use my right eye but just feels wrong. For landscapes with a tripod I like live view so I can use both :)

Right handed and shoot right eyed. Mainly because when I started using an SLR, if I tried to shoot left eyed, I would poke myself in the right eye with the wind-on lever!

Left handed, right eyed (and just for completeness, right footed :LOL: )

hmm interesting, i shoot camera with left eye, but if i pick up a rifle at the fair i line up with right eye! Considered swapping to right eye shoot so dont get marks on lcd but felt too wierd!

Left eye, but right handed. I had to wink to find out though...lol

:LOL:

Sort of left-handed (write with left but play tennis with right) but I use the right eye. I just tried it and don't think I could take photos left-eyed.

As Leigh said, a poll would have been really interesting - how many left-handers vs. right-handers and how many of each use which eye, if that makes sense.

Jenny

Sort of left-handed (write with left but play tennis with right) but I use the right eye. I just tried it and don't think I could take photos left-eyed.

As Leigh said, a poll would have been really interesting - how many left-handers vs. right-handers and how many of each use which eye, if that makes sense.

Jenny

brilliant idea Jenny... can't wait to see your new thread with the poll :clap:

I shoot with my left naturally but i find that when i do the horizon is always off. Shooting with my right, the horizon is fine but my right feel strange and its not the strongest so its all a bit blurred. Whats all that about with the horizon???

Right handed, left eyed. Just doesn't feel right using my right eye. Tried using my right eye today and can say I didn't see any difference in images but didn't feel very comfortable taking them.

I shoot left eye, both with a camera and rifle, Im also left handed.

My left eye is the dominant one though. There is a way to check which eye is the dominant one.

Select a point on a wall approx 6ft away. Point to it with your index finger KEEPING BOTH EYES OPEN. Keeping you finger in the same place, close ONE eye, if it lines up, thats the dominant eye, if not, its the closed eye thats the dominant one!!

Stupid thing is I would have to go and pick up my camera to tell you!

I've never really thought about it until now. Left eye shooter and right handed.

Left eye - I just can't make my right eye look through the viewfinder. Not a problem at all but in film days before motor drives it was - you had to take your eye away to wind on.

Sent from my iPhone using TP Forums

Right handed and left eye here, just tried right eye for the first time after reading this and it felt very unnatural.

Back