Lego "War of the worlds" Power of Paint Weds 22nd Aug

Nooooooo! Its Red Vs Blue all over again but gone retro, hooked for a few more months/years....
Be honest now, is this thread just a good excuse to play Lego again? I cant wait for my 3 y/o to grow a bit and get proper Lego, its not possible to build a Deathstar out of Megablocks.... I have tried.

Looking forward to the next instalment.

Thank you Sarah, Now the weather is improving, I'm out in the mornings doing a paper round to earn pennies to buy new Lego sets to continue.:bang:

Thank you Sarah, Now the weather is improving, I'm out in the mornings doing a paper round to earn pennies to buy new Lego sets to continue.:bang:
How about doing an interlude shot of the entire cast carrying a paper up the garden path, then arguing about letterbox logistics?

Rob, You have far too much time on your hands :LOL::LOL:

Loving this thread mate- keep at it

Les (y)

Cheers Les, I'm being a lazy so and so since moving from London to Kent, it's all that sea air.

If you remember on page 12, Martin had gone off to recce the aliens and see what they were up to. After some time and trouble with the cast and crew (About 3 months because of some stupid Herbert!) Martin had managed to locate the Alien base. He was able to look down on their activity

RPW_147 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

The scene was a real shock, with aliens on patrol and equipment that looked very dangerous all around

RPW_148 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

Syrupoffiggis was deep in conversation with the leader of the alien base. Martin knew that whatever the subject, it would bode evil for Earth....

RPW_149 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

Last edited:
Cheers Alan, glad the old guard are still following.......

*wonders if those black'n'silver drums contain beer* :thinking:
That would explain why Figgibiscuitface's relative is having to be wheeled out on a trolley...

My son loves your shots. I took this as a practice when I got my G12 ..

7352068108_a0e4cf9684_b.jpg

*wonders if those black'n'silver drums contain beer* :thinking:
That would explain why Figgibiscuitface's relative is having to be wheeled out on a trolley...
On the right track Vicky more like me trying to get started again on this!

My son loves your shots. I took this as a practice when I got my G12 ..

Thank you The Laird, glad your son is enjoying this(y)
7352068108_a0e4cf9684_b.jpg

*looks at models right hand and chin* :cautious:
Have they been at the jaffa cakes? :nono:

Having moved from London, I have a bakery opposite me that does Cornish pasties to kill for, even though it's Kent:bonk:

Rob it's good to have this thread back! Thought I was going to start seeing men in white coats coming for me because I kept muttering about what's happening!

Cheers Clive, it was hissing down this morning, so I thought I'd better do something

Well, I just spent almost a half hour looking through this thread... and I must say I am thoroughly impressed. I look forward to the next installments and will check up on this page!

That's very kind Rucel, thank you for the kind words.

:woot: :woot: :woot: We're back !!!

Glad to see this going again. And just as creative and as much fun as ever (y)
Now is Martin going to be able to foil the alien plans, or will the aliens find and capture him?

Vicky,

Mopping the floor?
:bat: You've just shattered my illusions about that being a highly complex and sophisticated piece of alien equipment.

Welcome back :)

I will be watching my namesake with interest....

From his vantage point Martin was stunned to see a human dressed as a banker in some kind of pod

RPW_150 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

Another alien wheeled a syrupoffiggis headcover towards the pod. Could the aliens be planning to turn all humans into syrupoffiggis clones, or were they a force for good, turning bankers into less evil creatures?????????

RPW_151 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

An alien vehicle entered the complex towing a trolley with the prone form of another human, this one clearly not a banker. Martin waited to see what developed (Good film pun there people!!!)

RPW_152 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

Glad to see you back and this running again Rob. Love that first shot of Martin looking down.

:woot: :woot: :woot: We're back !!!

Glad to see this going again. And just as creative and as much fun as ever (y)
Now is Martin going to be able to foil the alien plans, or will the aliens find and capture him?

Vicky,

Mopping the floor?
:bat: You've just shattered my illusions about that being a highly complex and sophisticated piece of alien equipment.

Thank you Sarah, as to the mop, it turns out to be an important piece of equipment for the alien engineers(y)

Welcome back :)

I will be watching my namesake with interest....

Have no worries Martin, as a now established Newspaper tog, I will always make sure you're a hero, especially with such a stunning shot as you produced:clap:

Glad to see you back and this running again Rob. Love that first shot of Martin looking down.

Thanks John, finally got back on track(y)

wow loving these .... Will Martin be the hero of the hour, we wonder ..and if he is ... can I capture him being the all action hero and sell my story and images to the newspapers ... lol

loving RPW150 and 151 next installment please

Your wish is my command Tezz, well tomorrow anyway!

Thank you Sarah, as to the mop, it turns out to be an important piece of equipment for the alien engineers(y)

Phew !!!
I can rest easy with my illusions still intact :LOL:

Seriously looking forward to the next instalment of this and I really like these overhead shots from Martin's vantage point (y)

Once this is finished, it would be great to see these all laid out side by side as a series or in a photobook.

Phew !!!
I can rest easy with my illusions still intact :LOL:

Seriously looking forward to the next instalment of this and I really like these overhead shots from Martin's vantage point (y)

Once this is finished, it would be great to see these all laid out side by side as a series or in a photobook.

I was thinking of producing a photobook, but with 150 pictures up to date and no end in sight for a while, it might prove costly to produce:bang:

Excellent stuff, glad to see you back on form! :clap::clap:

Love the idea of "turning bankers into less evil creatures"!:LOL:

Excellent stuff, glad to see you back on form! :clap::clap:

Love the idea of "turning bankers into less evil creatures"!:LOL:

Cheers Jim, Well it's a shame someone couldn't do it, for some people it's traffic wardens that wind them up, for me it's bankers and estate agents:bang:

So moving house must have been a joy :D:

crikey that's this week's theme on the 52 challenge - so perhaps a shot of a couple of people leaving an estate agent's office :thinking:

Maybe a better one would be a couple of people who shot the estate agent:shrug:

As Martin watched, he wondered what was happening in one corner of the complex. One alien was sweeping the floor, oblivious to his surroundings, whilst another was using a fishing rod and seemed to be trying to hook him??????????

RPW_153 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

However, Martin had failed to conceal himself properly, for unknown to him someone was creeping up on his vantage-point...........

RPW_154 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

Martin had been discovered, he had become a prisoner of the aliens!!!! Would his fate be the same as those in the complex? Tune in tomorrow to find out!!!

RPW_155 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

Yikes.... poor poor Martin ... swoops in to rescue him :)

love the DoF in 155 btw :)

Last edited:
Poor Martin...

Go Tezz !!!!

Rescue him and treat him like a hero ;-)

Back