Leica advise......please.

My first Leica.

It's not been easy spending nigh on three grand and occasionally a little bumpy.

One of the dealers towards to top of the camerapricebuster list when asked if the advertised 'new' camera came in a sealed box replied......
'It will have been demonstrated a few times, but the condition is still as new'.

I owe Wikinsons and apology, they came up trumps.
£2799 for a 'new' CL + 18-56, that's £200 below their nearest competitor and £476 below Leica and Park Cameras.

Wilkinsons explained why it was so cheap, because after 33 years of dealing with Leica they have been forced to sever ties.
The outer grey 'scratch boxes' were not in the best of condition so they sent me pictures.
Excellent service.
It's due tomorrow....Wednesday :banana:

BTW...can anyone recommend a bag just to take camera + lens, at the price of lenses I shan't be getting any more.
Not a hard leather case, but a nice soft, suitable bag.....befitting a Leica

a nice soft, suitable bag.....befitting a Leica
Has to be a Billingham :) Either the Hadley Pro Small or one of the smaller bags - they're perfect for a small Leica outfit.
Don't discount non-Leica lenses - Zeiss and Voigtlander both make some stellar glass at much lower prices than Leica.

Reactions: Nod
My first Leica.

It's not been easy spending nigh on three grand and occasionally a little bumpy.

One of the dealers towards to top of the camerapricebuster list when asked if the advertised 'new' camera came in a sealed box replied......
'It will have been demonstrated a few times, but the condition is still as new'.

£2799 for a 'new' CL + 18-56, that's £200 below their nearest competitor and £476 below Leica and Park Cameras.

Wilkinsons explained why it was so cheap, because after 33 years of dealing with Leica they have been forced to sever ties.
The outer grey 'scratch boxes' were not in the best of condition so they sent me pictures.
Excellent service.

BTW...can anyone recommend a bag just to take camera + lens, at the price of lenses I shan't be getting any more.

Nice, bargain. Wilkinson are great.

As Simon says, it has to be a Billingham!

My first Leica.

Excellent service.

Nice. You’ll soon be drinking from the well of Leica Koolade.

I own a Billingham Hadley Digital (I think that's what it is) but I wouldn't recommend it as although it's well made in the UK I can't imagine what camera they had in mind when they designed it.

I'd take a look at...

https://www.wotancraft.tw/en

I’d go for a Hadley Small Pro, or a Peak Design 5L sling. I have the regular Hadley Pro and it’s an excellent bag.

Back