Leica CL

MindofMel

Suspended / Banned
Name
Mel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Been looking at the Leica CL as a way to get into Leica M lenses and possibly get an M3 later down the line. Just wondering if anyone uses one etc. They look a touch on the small side? How do they compare to say a Nikon F body in size. Been reading quite a few will have a broken/dead meter - are these fixable? Any recommended leica M lenses as a walk around lens. I shoot primarily between 24 and 85. 50mm/35mm is my go to length.

MindofMel said:
Hi all,

Been looking at the Leica CL as a way to get into Leica M lenses and possibly get an M3 later down the line. Just wondering if anyone uses one etc. They look a touch on the small side? How do they compare to say a Nikon F body in size. Been reading quite a few will have a broken/dead meter - are these fixable? Any recommended leica M lenses as a walk around lens. I shoot primarily between 24 and 85. 50mm/35mm is my go to length.

What is your budget? It may be best to go for an m2/3. Having looked at the little leica/Minolta cameras they feel a bit small.

Mel, you are so impatient, save your money and buy your Leica or if the budget is just to big do what I did and buy a Bessa with great M lens. :)

If you intend shooting 35mm you may prefer the M2 to the M3 as it has the framelines for that focal length. Both are wonderful cameras.

I've never tried a CL so can't comment on it.

I don't have any M lenses for my M2.... I use Leica screw lenses with a ring adaptor. Plenty of good lenses about but their prices seem to have increased a lot.

Back