Leica Elmar 50mm f/3.5 filter?

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
OK, so it's not the Leica but the Industar 50mm f/3.5 extendy-lens on my Zorki. Would like to get a yellow filter for it but can't seem to find one. Anyone know what I should be looking for? Looks to be about 23mm or so - man in LCE in Norwich looked at me like I was a mad thing and said it should be 30-something...

Arthur

Bit too far for me!

they do a brill mail order service,suposed to have the biggest selection of filters in the uk
i am a engineer and have a sore foot lol

Try SRB-Griturn, although if you look on their site the smallest filter they do is 27mm but if you email them about a custom filter size they will manufacture one for you. I've heard people say good stuff about their filters elsewear.

http://www.srb-griturn.com/index.asp

Custom?? I can get a set of five from the US, delivered, for less than £25... I just wondered if there was one easily-get-hold-of-able as it's a dead common lens.

B+W do wierd sizes... not cheap, but hey, you get what you pay for...

True - and if it were a proper Elmar then yes, I'd get a decent filter for it. Ther are push-fit available at about 34mm or something but then you have to take them off to change aperture... maybe I'll just leave the bloody Ultron on it and be done!

Stick a Jupiter8 on and be done. no problem with filters then.:)

Dave.

Sometimes it's nice to use the camera the way it was meant to be used though! To be brutally honest, I don't really think the lens itself calls for the filter, more my developing solution (which is getting on a bit) seems to be going a bit soft and rather than push films I figured a wee contrast boost at the front end might help...

Arthur

Sometimes it's nice to use the camera the way it was meant to be used though! To be brutally honest, I don't really think the lens itself calls for the filter, more my developing solution (which is getting on a bit) seems to be going a bit soft and rather than push films I figured a wee contrast boost at the front end might help...

Arthur

I very seldom shoot B&W without some sort of contrast enhancing filter on the lens... the only exception was on the fed, as I don't have a 40.5mm (iirc) filter for it. I do have a 40.5 to 52 step-up which I use occasionally, but it obscures a chunk of the rangefinder, and I find it hard enough framing as it is, so i'll just keep on trying to drop on a cheap 40.5 filter :shrug: Camera only cost £3 and another £2.50 for the fabric paint to repair the shutter, so i'm damned if i'm spending double the cost of the camera on a filter :wacky:

Well yes, the filters are a silly price really - hence my reluctance even to get the set for the US. Maybe I'll leave it and as I said stick to the Ultron - I got filters for that but it seems a bit heretic to use them!

Arthur what about just getting a stepping ring from SRB and using an old 1.25" yellow planetary filter? you or one of your mates must have one laying around somewhere.

Hell you could probably mill one up yourself in an hour or so

Funnily enough I'm looking for push on 32mm yellow or orange filter for my Ensign 16-20. I've found a Voightlander one in the same size but I don't know if it will work on a Rosstar lens. Anyone help?

Sorry for hijacking your thread Arthur.

Andy

Back