Leica M4-P

ped

Edit My Images
Yes
Just bought an M4-P after much deliberation to match my Epson R-D1. I decided the M4-P had the best price and most solid feel and I didn't want a light meter as I really like the bare bones experience.

Cheers
ped

5076382396_164f70a4a1_z.jpg

Cheers, It's a nice bit of kit and after using most types of camera I found a fully manual film camera is what makes photography most enjoyable for me, despite the need for a DSLR etc for general use.

ped

Cheers, It's a nice bit of kit and after using most types of camera I found a fully manual film camera is what makes photography most enjoyable for me, despite the need for a DSLR etc for general use.

ped

Well over the years I've gradually disliked my Pentax S3 bought new...because it's too manual.

No hot shoe, needs a silly accessory to hold a flash gun.
No exposure meter (annoying in UK weather), and another silly Pentax accessory needed.
Appx 1/30 sec sync speed...useless
Changing screw lenses is a PITA.

Haha. I lilke the Leica (and my Paxette) because it involves me more in the photo taking process. I have the light meter on order but I am quite good at using my own judgement now, and it's so much more rewarding when you get it right. I also love mechanical objects without batteries.

My Epson R-D1 is a nice balance too because I use the same lens, the camera is very similar to the Leica in feel and the low light performance is much better than the Leica M8 IMO.

I still love my DSLR and my film SLR but I guess the Leica (and manual cameras in general) are more involving.

ped

OOOOOooooo.... nice :)

That looks very nice :love: but also way to expensive for me, have you got any pictures taken with it?

Thanks guys. if you look at my Flickr page there are a few shots from a test roll, here is one image:

5088645747_ea8d337e8b_z.jpg

(actual print much better but this is the print scanned on a cheap flatbed)

It's lovely to use, to be honest I didn't buy this camera to use a meter, I like it all manual so the satisfaction is partly getting the shot right!

Cheers
ped

Back