Leica q

That's a review of the Summilux 28mm 1.4 lens on an M240, not the Leica Q

Well yes but don't be too impatient and read on young man and towards the end and just before the conclusion about the 28mm f1.4 he gets on about the Q too. Only a little bit but it's there and I thought it might interest those interested in the Q as he gives his thoughts v Leica RF + 28mm f1.4.

Last edited:
Still interested to hear what you think about the Q when you get it. I decided to buy a RX100M3 while I save up for the Q. I'm very impressed with it, especially as you can set the focal lengths 24, 28, 35, 50 & 70! Not in the same ballpark as the Q, but it sure fits in my pocket better!

The Camera Store have a nice little video review...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye9TrMw_nHI

This does look to be a nice camera. Personally I'm not interested into buying into the Leica ownership experience for its own sake and 28mm isn't a favourite of mine but I can see the appeal and the manual dials are very attractive but... a Fuji setup offering similar manual dials could be had with multiple lenses for much less cost and there are other cheaper than Leica options with fewer old style dials such as the Sony A7 and Panasonic GX8.

This does look to be a very nice and attractive camera though and I'm sure there'll be a lot of happy customers.

Back