Lemonade and other such bubble madness! :-)

Barney12

I like Sailors
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally got round to dunking things in cheap Tesco fizzy water tonight! So much fun for just 59p :D

Firstly to make some cheap lemonade:

4228735889_1c40331425.jpg

My Rolex (Its accurate twice in ever 24h hours! Darn that smooth talking Columbian that sold me it for $50!!):

4228789777_0565ace0e3.jpg

Then it all got a bit pointed:

4229540726_ea0d0b5bbe.jpg

Oh if only I had some real dinky toys (Hmmmm I wonder do they sell them in Tesco?) had to settle for a key ring :(

4229644872_ba0194373e.jpg

Right must go, shopping list to write!

Barney

Last edited:
Haha, some cool pictures there. They taken through a very clean glass are they?

Yep, a square glass vase. Its got a sort of curved bottom which is how car keyring is done. (y)

Yep, a square glass vase. Its got a sort of curved bottom which is how car keyring is done. (y)

I cannot find a square glass vase anywhere!!!! Where did you get it from?? lol

I cannot find a square glass vase anywhere!!!! Where did you get it from?? lol

Heaven knows we've had it for donkies years :) How about a cheap mini fish tank?

Heaven knows we've had it for donkies years :) How about a cheap mini fish tank?

thats the other option I was thinking about :) got the fizzy value water ready to go, just need some clear square glass lol.

can you share your lighting setup???? any thanks

thats the other option I was thinking about :) got the fizzy value water ready to go, just need some clear square glass lol.

can you share your lighting setup???? any thanks

No lighting set up at all. Just the kitchen lights (halogens) and a small LED torch. Camera on manual, generally f11 produces enough dof. The lemon was a few stops down to create the effect I wanted.

The problem I found with flash is you get too much reflection off the glass.

Also placed a black diary behind the vase for the background.

All very low tech :)

No lighting set up at all. Just the kitchen lights (halogens) and a small LED torch. Camera on manual, generally f11 produces enough dof. The lemon was a few stops down to create the effect I wanted.

The problem I found with flash is you get too much reflection off the glass.

Also placed a black diary behind the vase for the background.

All very low tech :)

may be low tech but its worked a beaut!!! Thanks for the info, cant wait to try this!!

Cool stuff there! I looked about my house for something glass and flat edged to take some side-on drop pictures. But couldn't find anything :(

Great shots Barney!!! Tesco is the source of all things cheap, square and glass, I got my vase from there but my main bubble tank also came from the big T, it's one of their square plastic kitchen storage jars (with a black lid). Vases are OK but the quality of the glass is usually pretty poor and full of distortions etc, plastic tends to fair a bit better.

Keep up the good work!

Carl

i am well impressed with these and will definatly have a go at doing something like these... they would look good as abstract wall artt

i am well impressed with these and will definatly have a go at doing something like these... they would look good as abstract wall artt

me too, great stuff (y)

Mega sharp!!!! Superb!!!

Liking the lemon, but the others, while technically are good too I cannot find a reason for - maybe it's me but even so. I love the idea and the technique, just wish it was more things that belong underwater that the bubbles make more interesting? Maybe not, hard to explain really...

Arthur

Liking the lemon, but the others, while technically are good too I cannot find a reason for - maybe it's me but even so. I love the idea and the technique, just wish it was more things that belong underwater that the bubbles make more interesting? Maybe not, hard to explain really...

Arthur

LOL, I know what you mean Arthur. For me these shots are more about relieving boredom and testing technical ability :) I think fruit is the way forward and perhaps in some more interesting glass!

Great shots Barney!!! Tesco is the source of all things cheap, square and glass, I got my vase from there but my main bubble tank also came from the big T, it's one of their square plastic kitchen storage jars (with a black lid). Vases are OK but the quality of the glass is usually pretty poor and full of distortions etc, plastic tends to fair a bit better.

Keep up the good work!

Carl

Thanks Carl, ooooh yet more reasons to go to the big "T".

I love the watch and car images, very original and so sharp. The black background really helps set them off too.

I love the watch and car images, very original and so sharp. The black background really helps set them off too.

Thanks zarozinia (y)

Thanks zarozinia (y)

P.S. Loving your fruit shots, I'm gona have to try that!

Nice, gonna try this sometime. Need to pinch desk diary from work.

they are really cool shots!! man, u are the only person I know to have dunked a Rolex into fizzy water.. will make for a nice Rolex ad though :D

Nice, gonna try this sometime. Need to pinch desk diary from work.

Thanks m8, anything black will do, I've used a T-shirt before. But hey if you need a new diary :LOL:

Great shots, that's such a creative idea for macro shots (y)... Might be a fun thing for me to try out

Back