Lencarta Monolight

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
I have purchased the item below from a well known auction site as a 'Lencarta Studio Flash 200W'.

The problem is that I am not an expert and would like those who are to confirm that this item is indeed a Lencarta unit. Yes, I know it does say so but that is just a sticker.

Your comments will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Simon

Image1 by lalineaman, on Flickr

Image 2 by lalineaman, on Flickr

Anyone, please?

MODs, have I posted this in the incorrect section? Should it be in the 'Talk Lighting and Studio' section?

If so, can you please transfer?

Thank you!

Simon

Garry Edwards will be able to tell you about these - pm him and point him to this thread

Garry Edwards will be able to tell you about these - pm him and point him to this thread

Thank you Hugh!

Garry Edwards was my first thought but I did not think that I could pm him to look at this thread.

Thanks again.

Simon

Yes, that's a Lencarta PF-200, it was sold quite some time ago on Ebay, they were sold in a choice of 2 and 3 head kits, with various bundled accessories.
For their time they were pretty good but things have moved on, in terms of both spec and performance as well as value for money.

It should serve you well for basic portrait use, but I hope you didn't pay too much for it

I really appreciate your reply, Mr Edwards. Thank you!

I was beginning to think that I had been 'duped', for one of a better word!

I bought the above unit, together with a stand, a 69cm x 50cm double-diffused softbox, radio trigger and mains lead, all in a carry-bag for £125. Do you think that to be a fair price?

Simon

Simon,

I don't think it was cheap but probably OK. I've seen people pay a lot more for the same unit.

If you need any advice or help with it, just contact me via the Lencarta website

I am really grateful for your advice so far and for your offer of further help. Thank you!

Simon

Hello everyone.

I have a quick question.
What is the voltage over there? I`ve been looking for this info online, but could not find it.
I am about to release tham by using the sync cable instead of adapter/receiver, and simply don`t want to burn my d700:)

Thanx 4 help.

I am using two of these. If you look at my threads in the portraits section you can see the results. Im still learning but it should give you an idea of performance etc.

How do you release them? Did you try to use the cable? I have to shoot outside tomorrow, and I am slightly affraid of connecting them to the camera.

How do you release them? Did you try to use the cable? I have to shoot outside tomorrow, and I am slightly affraid of connecting them to the camera.

I use either a trigger or cable. You can use a flash on you camera to trigger them to. I wouldnt worry about damaging your cam as im pretty sure there is no voltage transfered between the two unlike hotshoe flash guns.

The trigger voltage is only 5v, that's safe 't even with Canon cameras:)

Back