Length of video on Fuji XE3

simon ess

Just call me Roxanne.
Edit My Images
No
Hi. The maximum length of video I can shoot is restricted to 15mins at 1080 or 30 mins at 720.

I'm just wondering if this is because of heat build up. How long should I wait before starting the next clip? Or is it ok to restart immediately?
I'm thinking about filming while I draw and paint.
Cheers

I dont know the camera you have but some will overheat. That said there was something to do with video cameras being classed for tax differently maybe? that caused some cameras to be limited in video recording times.

The restriction may have something to do with file size which would explain the different times between 1080 and 720.

The camera is not a dedicated video camera so the restriction may have been included by the manus to circumvent the 5.6% duty imposed on video cameras.

Lastly the overheating may be an issue.

Might be worth either speaking to Fuji or find an owners forum that be have further information.

Thanks both.

I've searched quite a bit and found both of those reasons given. I suspect It might be a bit of both.

In the meantime I'll try giving it 10 minutes between clips just in case.

Cameras used to have the time limits to prevent the cost increasing from extra duty video cameras attract. I’m not sure if that is still the case. I’ve not heard of any cameras overheating with 1080 or 720 recording.

Back