Lens Correction not always available?

Betty

BrideZilla!!!
Edit My Images
No
I am sure its something very simple, but sometimes I cant use the vignetting on my pics as it says its not currently available? Anyone know what causes this?

I am sure its something very simple, but sometimes I cant use the vignetting on my pics as it says its not currently available? Anyone know what causes this?

which software.... lightroom or photoshop?

It must be photoshop your referring to Betty? I have noticed this too, it seemed to go away if I changed the background layer to layer 1. Double click on 'background layer' in the layers palette and then click OK, then go to lens correction, see if that helps. Sorry if it doesn't.

It must be photoshop your referring to Betty? I have noticed this too, it seemed to go away if I changed the background layer to layer 1. Double click on 'background layer' in the layers palette and then click OK, see if that helps.

:agree: Yep thats probably the reason, the layers locked

Not worked guys :(

Double clicked the layer, the padlock went but still nothing, made a dup layer, tried it on both, nothing :(

Not worked guys :(

Double clicked the layer, the padlock went but still nothing, made a dup layer, tried it on both, nothing :(

Bummer, I don't really know what else to suggest, I have had this exact problem and can't be sure if it was something I was missing.
The above has worked for me before and then sometimes it doesn't, I've also tried duplicating the layer and then 'merging to visible', for some reason that has worked intermittently also I restarted photoshop and that's worked before too, I'd love to know the reason why this happens :thinking: It's most likely user error but I'd love to know what the hell I'm doing wrong!

Not the best solution I know but if your just after lens vignetting tools then camera raw has those too.:shrug:

Sometimes if I save as a JPEG and reopen, it works then? I am dying to know why it does this :D

I tend not to use the RAW option, just incase I change my mind once Ive opened it :)

Sometimes if I save as a JPEG and reopen, it works then? I am dying to know why it does this :D

I tend not to use the RAW option, just incase I change my mind once Ive opened it :)

Bloomin odd isn't it?! Hopefully some super brain will come along and point out where were going wrong.

I'm told to be careful with saving to JPEG, re-opening and saving, re-opening and saving, apparently the more it happens the more the image degrades, to avoid it save as an 8 BIT TIFF instead.

I honestly only save it as a JPEG once, mostly saving it to web to show you gruesome lot :D

Some filters only work with a 16 million colour (24bit) image. For example you might be working on a grey scale image. If you increase the colours in the image to 16 million, you wont see any physical difference in the image, but it should enable any filters you can't use. It may not be that, but I find it a common reason for some filters not working.

i have found the lens correction is funny too but i just apply it to final edits and saving the PSD file with all my layers etc so i can rectify and then save a jpg adn then apply the lens correction. Its annoying but i dont use it alot so it works for me.

Back