Lens for Sony A200

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I am looking for a second lens for a Sony A200 that I am getting, would like some with a little extra reach.

Any recommendations at all? :clap:

The kit lens is a bit pants ,I keep a 24mm f2.8 on my A300 and the 50mm F1.7 in my pocket,I have an old minolta beercan series 35-105 for a cheap walkabout.If I need a zoom I have a tokina 70-210 again cheap but fine at F8,there is a beercan 70-210 and a big beercan 75-300,have a look on here for lens reviews
http://www.dyxum.com/

Dave
:D:D:D:D

its a tough one...you can get a tamron/sigma/sony 70/75-300 for around the £100-£150 mark,but neither of them are brilliant i am led to believe,but the sony 75-300 i had performed okay.sony do a 70-300 G SSM ,lens which is around the £500 mark,an improvement on the previous lens',but not 3 times better..then you're up there with the big money...eg:sony 70-400 G SSM...around the £1200+mark

sony 70-400 G SSM...around the £1200+mark

Awesome lens - as the OP isn't stating a price I'd recommend that without hesitation :love:

Otherwise the Minolta 70-210 f/4 "Beercan" is good for the money - constant f/4 lens for under £150 - bargain.

The little Minolta 100-200 f/4.5 is also very good as well.

These are a great budget lens: http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/tamron...-mount-03885256-pdt.html?srcid=867&xtor=AL-78

Nice colours and contrast, and it's very light weight! Sadly, it has slow AF and it hunts like mad in low light. Unless you spend the big bucks, it'll probably be the same with most cheap lenses tbh! (y)

I'll go along with this ^^

Beercans appear to have achieved legendary status recently, but people who have owned both the tamron and the beercan appear to still rate the tamron highly.

I'll go along with this ^^

Beercans appear to have achieved legendary status recently, but people who have owned both the tamron and the beercan appear to still rate the tamron highly.

That looks good :)

Will have a look at that one thanks :clap:

Back