Lens Hire

IanC_UK

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
Anybody know where i can hire a Canon 1200mm lens ? LOL

My 100-400 isnt long enough for what i need to get osme pics of !

But seriously, anybody know of anywhere that hires out lenses of 800 or above ? Calumet only do the canon 600mm ! and this needs more ! lol

IanC_UK said:
But seriously, anybody know of anywhere that hires out lenses of 800 or above ? Calumet only do the canon 600mm ! and this needs more ! lol
Get the 600 and a 1.4x or 2x tele convertor :)
What are you photographing ?

If you're really stuck you could try finding photo agencies that handle surfing shots and ask them. The 1200 (often with 2, 2x converters:eek: :eek: ) is a common tool of the trade.

Any more and the weight would upset the Earth's orbit around the Sun!

Don't forget you need to deposit the full value of whatever you're renting - ouch!

ah it's blatently going be a Golden eagle or something :p

Ps. I like near you, invite me over :eek:

It's a kwyjibo.

(Little nod to the Simpsons there :D)

wwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy are we wwwaaaiiitttiiinnnggg

oh

why why why

Tell us :annoyed: :boxer: :bat: :D

Hmmm ill prolly regret doing this buuuuuuuut !

Not the best picture ever of Falco peregrinus but considering hand held, with 100-400 and 1.4TC its not bad !
peregrine.jpg

LOL i just called Calumet to find out how much rental of a 600MM L lens would be !

I have just picked myself up off the floor and have stopped laughing/crying ! lol

Lens is £71.50 a day plus insurance and VAT, so roughly 100 quid for a days hire, now copmes the crunch ! lol Deposit is £5-6000 paid up front, and i have to collect from them in person ! LOL Damn i dont think i can quite stretch to that ! ;) LOL

Back