Lens repairer near Sheffield??

Name
Nicholas
Edit My Images
No
I know I appear to be in the Photographic blackspot of the country but if anyone can recommend a lens repairer near Sheffield I would be grateful.

I have a couple of little niggles with lenses and one potentially big problem with my 100-400 f4.5-5.6 which managed to get some water inside it during a rain storm today, despite being kept safe and sound in a rain cover!

I am a CPS Gold member but the nearest CPS repairer is a) in Stoke on Trent and b) not exactly cheap. I don't really want to spend £400 repairing a lens thats only worth £750 if I can avoid it, Especially when even in its current condition Ebay would likely net me £650 for it if I opted to upgrade to the Mk.II.

Before anyone recommends it, there is a Jessops in Sheffield but they just send it away to the nearest Canon approved repairer, which is in Stoke as I said...

Consider Miles (http://www.mwcamerarepairs.co.uk/) he's got a good rep here and you can get a ballpark cost in advance or if you send off the lens he'll give you a quote for repair before doing any work. I've found to be good value for repairs / services.

I emailed Miles a while back and haven't had a response. As for Harrisons, they don't mention repairs on their website so I discounted them. I'll take a look at them.

Harrisons will only send it off some where, stuff it in the post and send it to fixation. wouldn't trust just anyone with an IS lens.

Back