Lenses that should be made?

S

Steve

What lens would you like a manufacturer to make that they currently don’t.

As a Canon man I will aim my post below at Canon but your replies can be aimed at any manufacturer whose equipment you use or are familiar with.

Maybe you would like to have the 17-85 IS made in a none EF-S mount, or a 24-135 F4 L IS to offer better quality and slightly better range so that it could be used as a full time carry round lens?

My personal wish list would be a Canon 200-400 f/4 L IS and hopefully not make it a push/pull zoom.

What lens would you like to see by any manufacturer that you feel they currently don’t have an equivalent?

Steve said:
Maybe you would like to have the 17-85 IS made in a none EF-S mount

Stop right there, if they made one I'd have went for it. Ideally though just a little bit longer, say F4 17-105 or so.

Well if we're only dreaming, a 10-300 IS L Constant f2.8 that's no bigger than my current 70-300 that gives results like the 50mm f1.8 throughout the range :)

/edit Dave beat me to it !!

Something tells me that I should have said "reasonably made" :LOL: We would all like a 10-1000 constant F2.8 IS lens the size and weight of a 50mm f1.8 but we know its just not possible. :D

I was sort of hoping for a within reason wish list of glass.

back to you lot to take it equally off topic again :LOL:

A 24-135 F2.8 L would be nice :)

SDK^ said:
A 24-135 F2.8 L would be nice :)

Something tells me that would be a great seller and possibly become one of Canons most popular lenses. Best of both worlds, great quality with IS and a good range to allow for a general carry round lens.

I'd like to see a 200-500 f2.8/4 IS , with the same sharpness as the 300f2.8 IS

No push pull zoom and lighter than the 100-400.

Price would have to be reasonable also.

Nikon do a 200-400 f4 VR, but at £4500 its out of reach to most of us.

Fingers crossed.

I'd also like to see tele converters that don't add a stop when used with your fav lens.

Matt said:

Fingers crossed.

Now you're really getting carried away.
A Prime 500mm F2.8 would be huge, let alone a zoom lens

Matt said:
I'd also like to see tele converters that don't add a stop when used with your fav lens.

Thats a great idea. Actually is that possible, besides the loss of light when adding a converter what is the reason for the loss of a stop or two if a 2x convertor? Presumably it's due to vingetting but is that not going to be lost to some extent on non full frame cameras ie with 1.6x and 1.3 crop factors?

SDK^ said:
Matt said:

Fingers crossed.

Now you're really getting carried away.
A Prime 500mm F2.8 would be huge, let alone a zoom lens

Have you read the post properly?

I've said 200-500 f2.8/4.
This would be f2.8 at the 200mm end and f4 at 500.
It isn't imposible, and I'm definately not getting carried away.:wink:

Back