LensPimp - DO NOT USE

couple of quick things - if you're going to go that way then its 14 days. Not X days. Thats pretty well documented. And there's no such thing as a small claims court in the UK. Its county court and a judge decides if it goes to small claims track. It needs to be your last resort.
We all knew what he meant.
Even the gov.UK website says it is known as the small claims court.
Pedant :p

Last edited:
Well, isn't this thread a delightful advert for TP?

Would you have the same attitude if he joined to post a good review?
People join the forum for a multitude of reasons, and thank God most members have a better attitude than you, or numbers would be dwindling.
Bad news always travels quicker than good news!

and lets face it you expect a lend to work ok when you hire it so you are hardly going to write a review of a working lens are you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi this is Adham from LensPimp, Talk Photography is a great website we have visited this site many a times over the years it's a great resource and there has been a lot said about us that is mostly positive we don't usually post on here but in this instance we felt we had to at least respond, I hope this is okay.

We have no record of any dealings with the Author of this thread on our system in any of our orders or correspondence. We did have a similar case recently, a damaged Canon 70-200mm returned to us from a customer a day earlier than it's due day we were notified of it's return via e-mail that weekend and we were told that it had been checked by a Canon Pro Dealer a replacement wouldn't have got there on time due to the weekend, otherwise we would have sent one out although it would have arrived after the end of the hire period which would have been too late.

We asked the customer to give us a call for more Information on what happened as this is in our policy but he refused, we then enquired to the name of the company which tested the lens for a second opinion prior to it's return but he refused to disclose that information. Once the lens was returned we sent it off for repair, the lens would not focus at all, anyone would have figured it was out of order, the repair concluded that it had suffered impact damage and once the verdict was made we issued the refund and this was made almost 3 weeks ago. We know how important it is to have the right gear for the task in hand and when it doesn't work it can be quite the inconvenience, these things do happen, although not very often, it is valuable equipment. We do check our equipment thoroughly on dispatch and return, the lens would not have passed the basic tests, the customer was unfriendly and uncooperative but we tried to deal with the situation the best way we could.

We have been running for almost 6 years, we have seen thousands of hires we've seen similar companies come and go in this time. We don't claim to be perfect but we try our best. This is a family business, so it's very important to us and excellent customer service is something we strive for, without this we could not stay in business.

Stewart Robertson and the guys from Lenses For Hire are highly regarded by us and we always recommend them if we are out of stock and we are always happy to help, this is based on our regular correspondence and what we hear from our customers we just hope that people feel the same way about us.

Last edited:
Hi this is Adham from LensPimp, Talk Photography is a great website we have visited this site many a times over the years it's a great resource and there has been a lot said about us that is mostly positive we don't usually post on here but in this instance we felt we had to at least respond, I hope this is okay.

We have no record of any dealings with the Author of this thread on our system in any of our orders or correspondence. We did have a similar case recently, a damaged Canon 70-200mm returned to us from a customer a day earlier than it's due day we were notified of it's return via e-mail that weekend and we were told that it had been checked by a Canon Pro Dealer a replacement wouldn't have got there on time due to the weekend, otherwise we would have sent one out although it would have arrived after the end of the hire period which would have been too late.

We asked the customer to give us a call for more Information on what happened as this is in our policy but he refused, we then enquired to the name of the company which tested the lens for a second opinion prior to it's return but he refused to disclose that information. Once the lens was returned we sent it off for repair, the lens would not focus at all, anyone would have figured it was out of order, the repair concluded that it had suffered impact damage and once the verdict was made we issued the refund and this was made almost 3 weeks ago. We know how important it is to have the right gear for the task in hand and when it doesn't work it can be quite the inconvenience, these things do happen, although not very often, it is valuable equipment. We do check our equipment thoroughly on dispatch and return, the lens would not have passed the basic tests, the customer was unfriendly and uncooperative but we tried to deal with the situation the best way we could.

We have been running for almost 6 years, we have seen thousands of hires we've seen similar companies come and go in this time. We don't claim to be perfect but we try our best. This is a family business, so it's very important to us and excellent customer service is something we strive for, without this we could not stay in business.

Stewart Robertson and the guys from Lenses For Hire are highly regarded by us and we always recommend them if we are out of stock and we are always happy to help, this is based on our regular correspondence and what we hear from our customers we just hope that people feel the same way about us.

One the whole, this forum is pretty good at recognising that people who sign up and, with their first post, either slate or highly praise a certain company typically have an alternative and nefarious motive. Shame you had to sign up to defend yourself but there you go, at least now more people will be aware of your services - I for one hadn't heard of you before :)

A recommendation for lenses for hire from me too. I've also used 'hire a camera' with no issue as well. But have used lenses for hire the most I think now and thumbs up.

Lensfetish is now defunct but avoid any future company by the owner. They folded and did not inform me (had a rental booked) & it as only by chance I found out and thankfully had time to book with lenses for hire. I then had trouble getting money back as they took pre payment. I was blocked by the Company twitter account during the process, and I had not be abusive or irrational in my quest for my money back.

Last edited:
Just browsing through here, for what it's worth I've used LensPimp and spoken with Adham on a few occasions, he's always been extremely
accommodating rushing stuff to me last minute for work. Highly recommended.

Back