Leopard

IanC_UK

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, its been a while since i posted a shot for critique properly, so thought i would brave it with this one ! :)

watermark_1129-150228%20%28Small%29.jpg

Was a bit grim so had to up the ISO and then noiseware it, had a levels tweak and a little sharpness adjustment, not cropped at all.

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 20D
Image Date: 2005:11:29 15:02:28
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 390.0mm
Exposure Time: 0.013 s (1/80)
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO equiv: 800
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: shutter priority (semi-auto)

Ian,
Your spending a lot of time around zoo's and private animal collections.
Have you got contacts with someone?

This makes a good habitat shot, but it needs a little work IMO.

When I take shots like this, I try to hide the fact that the animal is in a captive enclosure.
Some times its difficult to hide all of the artifacts that might be caught when you fire the shutter, but one way to beat it is to get a tight crop on the subject.

I think this shot would be better suited as a portrait.
Crop tight as to exclude as much of the background as possible.
Keep the Leapards eyes on the vertical thirds and you could be onto a winner.

Can't fault the exposure and sharpness.:thumb:

Thanks for the constructive criticism Matt :) just what i needed, will have a look again at the pic and see what i can do :)

LOL re contacts, i wish i could take shots of these things in the wild but the east midlands isnt the place for that, its just things i really enjoy getting shots of :)

Great pic Ian :)

I like the composition as it is, but the fence is a little distracting.

Where was it taken?

Ooooh - I'm off there with the kids on Saturday. Kind of hoping the weather's gonna hold...

Catdaddy said:
Ooooh - I'm off there with the kids on Saturday. Kind of hoping the weather's gonna hold...

Is a nice place, the lions and leopards are in the far corner, loads of glass walls too, crap for pics though when i went as reflections were really bad, so i ended up shooting through the fence or making my own shadow on the glass to get rid of the reflection :)

It needs a little more space on the left, and a nice drop shadow border Ian.

I prefer to keep the image ratio to 3:2, and use a slightly wider border.
similar to what you can see below.

ICl.jpg

It all comes down to personal preference.

excellent processing, Matt summed it all up well, and the finished product looks very good, nice job!

Bugger Bugger Bugger!

One of the tinies has been up all night being sick, so I'd rather stay at home looking after him - looks like I'm not going to be able to go to the Wildlife Park this weekend :(

Its everywhere Catdaddy, my kids have both been of school with flu the last couple of days.

Back