Les McLean

Jimmy_Lemon

TPer Emeritus
Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just seen the sad news on a Facebook photography group that long time forum member Les McLean has sadly gone to join Just Dave in the great photography forum in the sky :(

R.I.P Les, will miss seeing that scooter infront of lovely Yorkshire landmarks.

Sadly another one gone, registered around the same time as Just Dave too. :(

I loved his photos. My memory may be wrong, but I seem to remember some raptor in flight photos of his that I always hoped to be able to achieve (nowhere near yet).

I met Les on Ilkley moor early one morning and he told me about this forum. He also organised the yorkshire meet a few years back and Ive met him a number of times in Otley. A sad day indeed, a great photographer and a really nice person.

Last edited:
Very sad. RIP

A lovely unassuming bloke and great photographer. Met him at the Yorkshire meet he arrange and helped him with the food - so easy to work with. Also met him a few times in Whitby.

A sad loss of a great guy.

This is very sad news. I met Les a couple of times and he was a genuinely nice fella as well as a genuinely great photographer. Generous with his time and his experience he helped me a great deal when I first signed up on TP. He will be missed.

RIP Les :(

Very sad. RIP

A lovely unassuming bloke and great photographer. Met him at the Yorkshire meet he arrange and helped him with the food - so easy to work with. Also met him a few times in Whitby.

A sad loss of a great guy.

I also met him at Whitby and had a really lovely conversation with him whilst we both photographed a spectacular sunrise, lovely man and a sad loss.

Les came to my house and bought a used PC from me. We had a nice chat over a cup of tea. Lovely bloke and so sad to hear we have lost him. RIP Les.

That is sad news. Never met him but seen him around on various forums over the years and always came over as a good guy...

RIP Les

I don't post much, but I liked his posts/photographs on here, sad news indeed.
Matt

Hi Beth, I knew Les very well. We were great friends for many many years. I often visited him in UK and knew Marge how is she?) and he came to my home in Ireland many many times. We lost touch when I moved from Ireland and focus on developing my company ExploreLight. Just read here of his demise. He was an irreverend Geordie SOB and spoke his mind and Ioved him for it. Always rude and full of banter in a very fun way and the most opinionated SOB you could meet. I say all of this with great affection.

Back