Les Paul Lightpainted

Nice work (y) it's nice that you've chosen to focus on specific parts of the Les Paul rather than having it all in frame I think that the second one could have done with a broader DoF but the colours are really nice (y) also the second could maybe to with a little light to add some sense of the shape on the far side :thinking:

Welcome to TP :wave:

Matt
MWHCVT

Nice banjo. ;):)

Cheers Doug, it's my son's guitar. I keep trying to learn on and off but I don't think my brain's wired right.

also the second could maybe to with a little light to add some sense of the shape on the far side :thinking:
MWHCVT

I know what you mean, as shot it was lighter but there was a nasty reflection so I darkened it with a grad in lightroom

Cracking guitar, id say fairly new based on the dials, the condition of the bridge and the shape of the cutaway. Also could be a custom? it looks like gold hardware but it may just be the light. One thing you should tell him, he should ditch the scratch guard, they look so much better without them. Either way he chose wisely.

I did some shots of mine (http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=358569) before i knew about light painting, looking at yours i wish i had went that route, they look way better than mine.

nice work.

Pure art! Great shots of a beautiful LP. I have a honeyburst 93 back in NZ that I miss a lot.
What is the name of the mood light app that you mentioned?

Great shots... Big thumbs up from me - You got the lighting and DOF spot on. Doesn't look like a Gibson or Epi though - the cutaway looks a little too pointed. A Vintage, perhaps? I'd like to know what app you used as well...

very nice indeed (y)

Thanks Joe.
Exposure was just suck it and see :)
6 secs @ f4, just enough time to 'show' it some light.

Great pics, you gotta love them vintages, loads of guitar for the money.

Back