B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

Shot from before our local covid lockdown . Barmera lake in South Australia . Tried to make it look like top branch was holding cloud , one of those 'forced perspective' type shots .

437005.jpg

Just a simple Snapograph taken at Faversham Kent UK of the Bow of an old Barge that is now used for living in.
I've deliberately gone for a slightly higher contrast gritty look for this snap to emphasise the rust & decay etc.

X-H1, 23mm F1.4 Lens, 1/400th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Old Barge Bow (M)-03464M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

George.

Just a simple Snapograph taken at Dungeness Romney Marsh Kent UK of one of the many discarded boats amongst many other things scattered about the beach that have just been discarded and left behind.
In the lower right of the snap you can see one of the old railway lines that were used for hauling the boats or catch up the beach.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

RX10M4, 1/450th @ F5.6, ISO-100, Tripod.
Discarded Boat (3)-03459ip by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

That particular just a simple snapograph looks rather overprocessed, if you don't mind me saying so, George. The obviously intentional vignette is somewhat over obvious.

Poyntz swing bridge on the Chichester Canal
Poyntz Swing Bridge B&W 1 by Graeme Hutson, on Flickr

Some off processing there too, horrid halos around the trees, oily sky, and everything is very over-sharpened. What's your workflow, if you don't mind my asking?

That particular just a simple snapograph looks rather overprocessed, if you don't mind me saying so, George. The obviously intentional vignette is somewhat over obvious.

Thank you, but that's exactly how I wanted the snap to look.

G.K.Jnr.

Last edited:

Some off processing there too, horrid halos around the trees, oily sky, and everything is very over-sharpened. What's your workflow, if you don't mind my asking?

I call this workflow ‘Stark’. I rarely convert to greyscale but when I do I go for that stark look that reminds me of my early 1960’s press work when we used to up the Kodak 400 film.

Just a simple tourist type Snapograph taken whilst walking on the hills in Kent UK of a Kissing Gate that's dividing two fields.

X-H1, 35mm F1.4 Lens, 1/480th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Tripod.
Kissing Gate-03471 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

"IT MADE EXPLORE" :):)
Just a simple landscape/seascape style Snapograph taken at Dover Kent UK of a DFDS ferry leaving the Harbour.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/850th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Off To Sunnier Climes-03470 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Just a simple candid street street style Snapograph taken at Kent UK of three people sitting on the beach with their top coats on maybe Waiting For The Sun.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/500th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Waiting For The Sun-03472 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Just a simple tourist type Snapograph taken on the cliffs in Kent UK of the Fourteenth Pin on a pitch & putt coarse.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/800th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
The Fourteenth Pin-03473 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Cape Cornwall in wonderful SW Cornwall.

50559615142_1bcd7cb3c4_k.jpg

Just a simple Snapograph taken at London UK of a guy out strolling in the sunshine. I've deliberately gone for a high contrast gritty presentation for this snap to emphasize the strong lines, contre-jour light, textures, & shadows.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/640th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Faceless (21)-03475 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Back