B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

St Paul's church in Portland Square, St Paul's, Bristol was converted into a circus training school for Circomedia in 2005.
In 2007 it won the RICS Community Benefit Award because of its transformation from a derelict building in 1988 to its use today.

St Pauls
by Bristol Streets, on Flickr

"Ornate Street Light"

Just a simple tourist type Snapograph taken at London UK of an Electric Street Light that kinda resembles an old style Gaslight.
I've deliberately gone for a slightly darker moody presentation as I feel it just suits this particular snap.

Ornate Street Light-03572 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

"Passing A Poster"

Just a simple candid street style Snapograph taken at London UK of a couple of ladies passing by a shop poster that appears as if the guy on the poster is kinda looking and wishing he also had an ice cream that one of the ladies is holding.

Passing A Poster-03573 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

My attempt at a little drama ! taken with my Nikon point and shoot on my commute home with me hanging over a high fence. I just couldn't get the angle from the other side to show the holes in the roof.

enville1.JPG

"Faceless Chat"

Just a simple candid street style Snapograph taken at London UK of a couple of Ladies taking a rest on a public bench and appearing to be having a Secret Meeting.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

Faceless Chat (1)-03575 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

One from June that I didn't really care for at first but have just processed it today. :)

Stairs by Merlin 5, on Flickr

"Excellent" candid street style shot Lee, really liking the high contrast mono presentation.

"Just where was it shot? I don't recognise that set of steps"

Last edited:
"Excellent" candid street style shot Lee, really liking the high contrast mono presentation.

"Just where was it shot? I don't recognise that set of steps"

Thanks George. :) Once I played around with the shadow, black and highlight sliders it started looking interesting and I quite liked the lines and diagonals, the sunlight falling on some areas of the staircase and a bit of mystery from the human shadow.

I couldn't remember where the staircase was other than around the Waterloo/Southbank area. But I've found out that I'd walked about 3 minutes from Waterloo station and the stairs are in York Road (the A3200). I just noticed in the map there's a closer entrance to the station opposite that I could have used. This should take you right to the spot:

Last edited:
Thanks George. :) Once I played around with the shadow, black and highlight sliders it started looking interesting and I quite liked the lines and diagonals, the sunlight falling on some areas of the staircase and a bit of mystery from the human shadow.

I couldn't remember where the staircase was other than around the Waterloo/Southbank area. But I've found out that I'd walked about 3 minutes from Waterloo station and the stairs are in York Road (the A3200). I just noticed in the map there's a closer entrance to the station opposite that I could have used. This should take you right to the spot:

Many thanks for that Lee, much appreciated. (y)

"I was just checking for possible future reference, and to make sure you new where you were of coarse" :coat: :):)

Last edited:
Many thanks for that Lee, much appreciated. (y)

"I was just checking for possible future reference, and to make sure you new where you were of coarse" :coat: :):)

Haha, clearly I didn't know where I was before you asked! :LOL: But this is an example of what I like about street photography. Rather than ready made beautiful scenery, it's fun to be able to take very mundane everyday things, (such as a public staircase) and to try and create something interesting about it, particularly using light, shadows and shapes.

Haha, clearly I didn't know where I was before you asked! :LOL: But this is an example of what I like about street photography. Rather than ready made beautiful scenery, it's fun to be able to take very mundane everyday things, (such as a public staircase) and to try and create something interesting about it, particularly using light, shadows and shapes.

:agree: 100% to all of that Lee.(y)

"Relaxing Text"

Just a simple candid street style Snapograph taken at London UK of a guy just relaxing on his bag texting. At first I thought the guy might be homeless but it turned out he's far from that. We ended up having quite a nice chat. I still asked him if I could take a snap of him though.

Relaxing Text (1)-03576 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

Back