B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

Darkroom Prints -- Coach Trip to London and Camden -- 2017 date ILFORD XP2 400 Super. Canon EOS 1000Fn + Canon EF Zoom 75-300mm f4-5.6 Mk III Prints on old KENTMERE BROMIDE 10x8" Grade III Lustre with DURST M601 enlarger, El-Nikkor 50mm f4.5 lens, Ilford PQ Universal Print dev ( Gift)
2023-10-18-0005.jpg2023-10-18-0006.jpg

49549144292_b7ebbae9e1_b.jpg

That's one very nice candid street style capture Garry, well seen & captured with a nice Hipstamatic mono presentation. Strange the second person is almost completely hidded my the lady.

"Looks like you might have been using the fishing technique for this one, something that works really well for myself" :)

That's one very nice candid street style capture Garry, well seen & captured with a nice Hipstamatic mono presentation. Strange the second person is almost completely hidded my the lady.

"Looks like you might have been using the fishing technique for this one, something that works really well for myself" :)

Yes, but I didn't have to wait long. They were walking almost in lockstep.

At the time I was hoping that he might be completely hidden. The underlying message being that the girl in the painting has 20/20 vision because she's still wearing a Covid mask, whereas the woman wearing glasses isn't. The guy with his shades doesn't add a lot, unless I imagine that he's blocking out the world around him, looking at the ground.

The title, "Right Between the Eyes" references the fact that many people who have forgotten about Covid get it anyway, and because they're not expecting it, it hits them "right between the eyes".

Last edited:
Back