Critique Level this

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
These winter months have really opened up different bkg's for me ,due principally to the lack of vegetation. The lack of cover makes it a bit more tricky to get in close,but working the valley BKG wise,has been really cool

Canon 1Div 400DO IS II ext 1.4 iii 1/1000 f5.6 iso 5000 full frame

_70F7737 level this sm by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

stu

:D I know

ya can't blame me for wanting to see someone try though ;)

… looks ready to jump in any direction.
Did you do anything to justify the alert, Stu?

ya can't blame me for wanting to see someone try though

… sounds like a challenge…
a too quick edit, you could do better!

level%20thisp.jpg

Last edited:
Not really Daniel bar rollin down the bank:eek::D

Seriously the hare, is pretty chilled I was with two which then increased to 4 for a good while maybe an hour. Once things are good and I've got to them most times things are fairly relaxed,well relaxed for an out an out speedster.

He knows I'm there as you can see there is no cover at all, he might actually be reacting to a hare behind me ,at one stage they were on all four points of the compass. He actually went back to feeding besides me after these few frames,.

It was a good evening, bar the light crashing behind a big ol' cloud this might be been cool with a sunset behind it and a bit of rim light,but hey ho,still nice to be surrounded by hares;)

It must be strange reading these English sayings this one isn't even correct................. for me they are hare today and hare tomorrow :banghead:

I'll get my coat:)

… sounds like a challenge…
a too quick edit, you could do better!

level%20thisp.jpg
Cheat......... I want me sky back please:D:ty: Daniel the layers of bkg are what really draw me to this frame :)they make it a bit different from so many others I have of a similar pose ,it's the depth they confer, I suppose

So despite my humour I really need that sky in frame or we loose one of those layers

Mate this is what is so great about taking lots of pics of the same animal i'm being forced to think deeper about how to find a "fresh" take on an image of them.It's a fabulous tool for someone trying to learn and get better at all this

cheers

Nice shot Stu. Your getting plenty of detail from that lens, plus your ability to get in close to them helps a great deal as well.
Well done mate.

Nice shot Stu. Your getting plenty of detail from that lens, plus your ability to get in close to them helps a great deal as well.
Well done mate.

John, finally I can be a bit more serious:),yup lens is a good un,I just wish I had better low light capacity now mate,i'm consistantly being scuppered by maxing the iso at 6400( that's where I feel I have the ability to get something half decent, from my camera,sadly beyond that my failings show) . Then that downwards spiral with SS.kicks in as the light fails. But give me some light and good Ss and what this lens can really do becomes apparent.I can't wait for the day when I've grafted enough for a newer camera!! Frankly I very nearly deleted this John feeling I'd underexposed and the image was too noisy,again all my fault.

It doesn't matter how big the lens is the best images always seem to come from being close,if we are talking portraits rather than small in frame or animalscape. Iit's an essential tool for me being able to get close,I wish I was so much better at that aspect,sure I do ok.but there is always that side of me that knows I could be better. Mostly it is sheer bloody mindedness mate.I have nailed stalks this last few months ,where at the onset I was telling myself I was mad to even try. Naturally, at times this type of stalking is physically very hard which is also a big factor ,some of us simply can't do this,sadly,so I think of myself as lucky

cheers kiddo

stu.

Thats a nice shot as it is Stu, getting close is the key as you have said and knowing the land/subject like you do is another plus point to getting these fine image

Thank you buddy ,oh mate all the luck in the world with your new lens,I really mean that mate,you are gonna love it

Stu

Back