Beginner Life's Constant

I like the idea. The figure on top right it out of focus. I think the general composition idea is fine, but why are you zooming in? I think this would have been better shot wide and closer, you would remove all issues cropping would give you, and more confidence not to shoot from far and zooming.

Nothing like travel! Where was this shot?

I like the idea. The figure on top right it out of focus. I think the general composition idea is fine, but why are you zooming in? I think this would have been better shot wide and closer, you would remove all issues cropping would give you, and more confidence not to shoot from far and zooming.

Nothing like travel! Where was this shot?
I was on the opposite side of the cafe from her, that's why I zoomed. Also it is taken on a phone camera, so the aperture is fixed. The depth of field would have been narrower on the wider lens close up as the aperture is larger and sensor on the wider lens is also larger.

Last edited:
I was on the opposite side of the cafe from her, that's why I zoomed. Also it is taken on a phone camera, so the aperture is fixed. The depth of field would have been narrower on the wider lens close up as the aperture is larger and sensor on the wider lens is also larger.

Zoom with the legs, compose, and will be less need to crop. Wider lenses, even at wider aperture could be fine, and make the photo more dynamic.

Would even be able to capture more of the subjects face/ expression if you were closer, and easier to get closer candidly with a phone than a DLSR.

All just preference at the end of the day :)

Zoom with the legs, compose, and will be less need to crop. Wider lenses, even at wider aperture could be fine, and make the photo more dynamic.

Would even be able to capture more of the subjects face/ expression if you were closer, and easier to get closer candidly with a phone than a DLSR.

All just preference at the end of the day :)
Yeah, I couldn't really wander around the cafe while I was eating my breakfast

Using a wider lens and less zoo would make it look amazing i guess!

Back