Light meter broken.

Edit My Images
Yes
I think my light meter has had it, but thought I'd check with you wise folk before giving up.
It's one of these: http://rondure.net/2009/08/16/capital-d-3-b-light-meter/ but it's branded Jessops.
The LO scale works fine, but when I have to switch to HI the needle just swings wildly between one end of the scale and the other. Have I done something stupid to it, can it be fixed or do I just have to be on the lookout for another?

Does the needle setlle after the swing; or does it keep swinging constantly?
Just wondering; have you checked the battery condition? If the LO scale is working then the light cell is sensitive. Which could mean that either a resistance coil is broken or the switch is broken ( unless its the battery)
Maybe time to get another one.....

The needle doesn't settle, or at least not for long. Battery appears fine, I changed it not long since, and when running low it struggles to move at all where as it seems more energetic now... I guess the thing will be put in to (semi) retirement and replaced when I spot a bargain. Still good for low light stuff though :)

Thanks!

Matt, you can pick up a similar light meter for 15-20 £ easily; possibly even cheaper if you go for the ruskies.

Have a look at mwclassic.com; they are good

Great website, I'd never seen that. Didn't realise I could get a light meter for that price either Thanks very much.

Back