Light Painting

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out the other night to test out a home made "Ice Light" type device, these are by no means perfect as i missed a couple of exposures due to having the mrs in tow and rushing:

Comments good or bad :)

Really like the top one, but something about the bottom one doesn't match up. The colour on the wheel perhaps, or the simplicity of the background on the first isn't matched in the second with the backdrop just sort of stopping on the left. This helps the transition from dark to light in the top one, and is missing in the bottom.

I like the first one. Nicely composed and the background contrasts nicely with the car. I've got to agree with Tom about the background in the second. The contrast between the building and the darkness off to the side draws my attention away from the main subject and, although it breaks the rule of thirds, I think the car would be better more centerally placed. Perhaps cropping out the left hand side would make all the difference?

I quite like them, they look pro, like the bottom one too as it seems to have a sense of movement (wheels locked round etc) even though all is still, think the roof top in the upper right of the lower distracts from the subject matter. I'd be happy with those.

That's a very nice car indeed!

Like #1 the best, I've a few shots like that, are you white balancing the picture to the headlights or your light? Potentially try composite them together so you can sort the WB separately.

Also watch for things in the background that mess up the lines of the car, #1 the signs just to the right of the passenger mirror, I would have removed them in pp.

Only once brought my mrs on a shoot and she got fed up fairly quickly, I can understand your pain :) Nothing worse than missing an exposure!

I can't explain why but the car doesn't look real to me in the 2nd one but the first one is awesome!

Really like the first shot. There is something that does not seem quite right about the wheels in the second one but can't put my finger on it.

The car is just the absolute nuts :D

I like them both, 1 would be better if the car was straight on and the clutter removed in post. Second one is great, it would be made better if there was a little more space between the car and the back ground.

Nice effort though I can't light up my shoots as well :)

Thanks for the comments guys, always enjoy reading the feedback :)

The second shot is really really missing another couple of exposures, One for the wheels and one for the right of the car to tie it all in. It does indeed look super imposed which isn't what i was going for.

Back