Light Rain

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
img_1518.jpg

Torrential rain during the opening day of Liverpool One. Despite the rain some people remain happy.

Excellent shot! I love pictures like this that instantly make you smile to yourself. The rain is caught with just enough movement to give an impression of how heavy it is, along with it bouncing off the floor.

Fantastic natural colours and as someone has stated the moment has been caught perfectly with the girl laughing.

Do you have a flickr account where I can snipe you with my 'favourite' button?? :D

Great shot pete (y)

Were you out in the elements or sheltered in a doorway somewhere? I wouldn't even have entertained the idea of getting my camera out in that weather, let alone actually doing it! :eek:

Completely soaked through to my sweater. No protection for my gear.

This is a brilliant shot. Captures a moment perfectly.
Nice deep colors captured too within the subjects.

For me, the hoodie is a stereotype that Liverpool could do without. I get fed up with jokes and jibes about scouse scallies. I was born in Liverpool, as were my two sons - none of us enjoy these taunts. The girls are a great image, saying all that is best about Liverpool. I don't think they need the hoodie in the same image.

For me, the hoodie is a stereotype that Liverpool could do without. I get fed up with jokes and jibes about scouse scallies. I was born in Liverpool, as were my two sons - none of us enjoy these taunts. The girls are a great image, saying all that is best about Liverpool. I don't think they need the hoodie in the same image.

To be honest, until you mentioned it, I didn't even consider that gent as a hoodie. More someone with his hood up because it was lashing it down.

All about interpretation I guess :shrug:

It was raining. If you had a hood would you not use it in the rain?

Is that not a little oversensitive? :thinking:

I suppose, petemc, you could of run out, asked him to remove his hood (in the rain) whilst asking the girl on the right to hold the pose?

Maybe cropped the 'hoodie' out of shot, leaving the composition lacking?

It's not even a real 'hoodie'. No Macenzie. No Ecko. Just a man. With a hood.

I think that is a cracking capture Pete and the comp would not work as well if the left hand detail was to be removed.

Nice one.... Glad to hear you braved the weather and tested your kit as well...

Nigel

Glad to hear you braved the weather and tested your kit as well...

Had no choice really. I was covering a fashion show in the middle of Liverpool One and it just started pouring down. No choice but to take photos. Not the first time I've been out in torrential rain. Never been bad enough to stop me.

That is an amazing rain capture. I'm passionate about meteorology so this got a huge thumbs up from me!
I like the way you caught the "splashback" as the rain lashed down onto the pavement. That's neat!
You should post that in the many weather forums that are currently doing the rounds, that will get quite a response. :)

Hey Pete, luckily you can compare the shot without the hoodie and without that random writing in the bottom right hand corner with some blokes web site in it as some chap called rhart44 on flickr must have been standing very close with to you but obviously nailed the composition a bit better:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8621995@N05/2917841589/

Lots of people have asked that, and wondered whether it was some voodoo magic or HDR. Its simply a case of them being very close to a shop front window. Liverpool 1's shops have huge glass fronts so the light from inside spills out on to the street. Its great for low light photos. Oh and not to mention the street lights that you can see in the background.

Lots of people have asked that, and wondered whether it was some voodoo magic or HDR. Its simply a case of them being very close to a shop front window. Liverpool 1's shops have huge glass fronts so the light from inside spills out on to the street. Its great for low light photos. Oh and not to mention the street lights that you can see in the background.

(y) cheers, must remember that, giving me some ideas ;)

A fantastic image, nothing more needs saying imho.(y)

Hey Pete, luckily you can compare the shot without the hoodie and without that random writing in the bottom right hand corner with some blokes web site in it as some chap called rhart44 on flickr must have been standing very close with to you but obviously nailed the composition a bit better:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8621995@N05/2917841589/

I think that is the profile of someone off here, the Manchester photos look familiar...either that or he has had his photographs stolen too!

Just found him.....rh1944

Last edited:
It does seem like rh1944 has cropped out my logo and the "hoodie" and posted it on Flickr for some reason.

It does seem like rh1944 has cropped out my logo and the "hoodie" and posted it on Flickr for some reason.

Don't worry too much....there is still one "hoodie" there in the distance!! :p

Clear case of theft here! :wacky::eek:

Back