Light seal replacement

Name
Larry
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok forum gurus, hoping I can get some advice here. I’ve just picked up a Canon AE-1 in very nice condition but the door seals are sticky and starting to crumble. Obviously I need to replace them. What’s the best option..... buy a ready cut kit or is it easy to make up my own? If the latter then what thickness and type of foam should I buy? There seem to be various options on eBay: 1 or 2 mm, open and semi open cell, etc etc.

Any advice much appreciated (y)

:agree:

Thanks for the recommendation. Any idea how much the kits go for with shipping to the U.K.? Seems I can get a kit from eBay sourced from the UK for around £10 but obviously I don’t know what the quality is like.

I have used his kits for the Olly Trip and 35RC and they are spot on. Last year the RC cost just under 9 quid with postage.
Quality is very good and easy to fit, just make sure you clean the old gunk out thoroughly with the tool that comes (or came)
with the kit. I used lighter fluid.

Thanks for the recommendation. Any idea how much the kits go for with shipping to the U.K.? Seems I can get a kit from eBay sourced from the UK for around £10 but obviously I don’t know what the quality is like.

Probably a little more than eBay. But they are a complete set with instructions.
Drop him an email. You won’t be disappointed.

Plus1 for Jon Goodman his seal kits are the best precut kits I’ve found and although he’s based in the states his prices are very reasonable, he delivers quickly and the instructions are spot on.

Back