light streaming through a window

Name
garry
Edit My Images
No
I hope someone can help me with this. I have created a vertical pano of the inside of a church, under fairly good lighting conditions etc. the window spaces are down the one side of teh shot, somewhat out of shot. pano = just imagine looking all the way down the aisle (congregation seating on either side), from the alter to the other end. Now what I would love to do, as an after thought, is to create "streams of light" pouring through the window areas and hitting the opposite wall (the light beams pour across the shot). I have already tried creating additional layers, of specific sizes, with levles and opacity altered but it isn't quite "real enough". can anyone suggest a really good idea for me to try?

btw, I am using Adobe Elements6

thanks
Gaz

Unfortunately it's not enough to simply add some lighter areas to the shot, you'd also need to "paint" the effect of the light where it falls or is refelected by all the surfaces in the scene to properly fool the viewer into believing the result.

If you post up your shot I'm sure a few people would give it a go and post their efforts along with the method used.

Back