LightCraft

Messages
1,186
Name
John Stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
I've seen a few posts about this on FB today, but thought it might be of interest to some.

https://getartcraft.com/apps/lightcraft

Someone has built an open source clone of Lightroom (another another 6 Adobe apps including photoshop) which are free to download and use.

This is just the initial release, so it's likely going to be full of bugs and things that don't quite work as expected.
 
I feel these are being misrepresented because you get the impression this is software that looks and behaves similar to the Adobe software but I've tried the Lightcraft one and it's nothing like Lightroom at all.
 
The website is very nice, but at the same time it screams of SI, and claude specifically. "Your photos. Your pixels. Your machine." That's a very SI way to write H1. It is to be expected though given the whole thing is vibe coded, probably not unlike last updates from adobe.

This is actually a very smart way of marketing by this guy. If he just released yet another lightx app, nobody would care to try. Now many people already have, and given it is alpha nobody is expecting it to be perfect and will keep looking at it.

I don't care if it behaves "like Lightroom" other than getting the results done. It is a good thing if it has unique angles and goes where adobe doesn't.

I may try this out at some point, again as above not expecting miracles from 0.1
 
Back
Top