Beginner lighting devise

Name
Damen
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a d3300 Nikon, I'm aware that this doesn't support a second flash to fire wirelessly from what I've read.

I'm just wondering whats about that I can use that can be portable, something like a big square led light.

any suggestions?? I haven't got a big budget.

I have a d3300 Nikon, I'm aware that this doesn't support a second flash to fire wirelessly from what I've read.

I'm just wondering whats about that I can use that can be portable, something like a big square led light.

any suggestions?? I haven't got a big budget.

The pop-up flash of entry level Nikons cannot be used as a Commander controller for remote flash units, but since this is old 'optical' tech you don't want that anyway - radio is the way to go, it's cheap and way better.

So you have all options open, but the direction to take depends entirely on what you want to do. However, LEDs are generally for video use and not that useful for stills. You would need some unusual reasons not to want flash and given portability as priority, a speedlite of some sort looks like the obvious starting point, and with a modest budget probably Yongnuo or Godox.

The pop-up flash of entry level Nikons cannot be used as a Commander controller for remote flash units, but since this is old 'optical' tech you don't want that anyway - radio is the way to go, it's cheap and way better.

So you have all options open, but the direction to take depends entirely on what you want to do. However, LEDs are generally for video use and not that useful for stills. You would need some unusual reasons not to want flash and given portability as priority, a speedlite of some sort looks like the obvious starting point, and with a modest budget probably Yongnuo or Godox.

can I buy a speed light and use that off my camera?? I have a external flash which I mount onto my camera its a Yongnuo, I see what your saying, a flash I can use and trigger where I can place It is what I want.

can I buy a speed light and use that off my camera?? I have a external flash which I mount onto my camera its a Yongnuo, I see what your saying, a flash I can use and trigger where I can place It is what I want.

What flash is it? You have to be careful with compatibility and check, but as a guess I'd say a pair of Yongnuo RF603 transceivers would get you going for next to nothing - one on the camera and one on the remote flash gun. That would surely work for basic triggering in manual power mode, but there may be other options depending on the flash unit, or better options depending on what you want to do, how far you want to progress with flash etc.

As a comment, it's a good plan to have at least one fully featured flash gun in your kit - so useful for all sorts of things :)

What flash is it? You have to be careful with compatibility and check, but as a guess I'd say a pair of Yongnuo RF603 transceivers would get you going for next to nothing - one on the camera and one on the remote flash gun. That would surely work for basic triggering in manual power mode, but there may be other options depending on the flash unit, or better options depending on what you want to do, how far you want to progress with flash etc.

As a comment, it's a good plan to have at least one fully featured flash gun in your kit - so useful for all sorts of things :)

its a younguo 565 I think bud, my camera doesn't have the command option but don't know if I can trigger it off with a remote when my camera takes the picture?

Arr ok, so i wouldnt actually need 2 external flashes? Just the one i have but to find either a radio remote or ETTL wireless remote?

For your flash, try the YN622 N TX and the YN622N

Should be able to buy them in a bundle.

Back