Lighting & Light Rings

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
No
Hey everyone,

New here.

looking for some advice and help, anyone used LED light rings before? I'm looking for something for group shots mainly and really like the look of the LED Light rings but i can't say I've ever used one before.

is this worth buying, and any suggestions on a certain model or brand??

Thanks guys

Anthony

Hey everyone,

New here.

looking for some advice and help, anyone used LED light rings before? I'm looking for something for group shots mainly and really like the look of the LED Light rings but i can't say I've ever used one before.

is this worth buying, and any suggestions on a certain model or brand??

Thanks guys

Anthony

I think you mean ringlight and really not the best for group shots

Mike

Can you show some examples of groups lit with a ringlight, because I can't imagine it looking 'good', I just wonder if we've got our wires crossed.

It's a very particular 'look' that's sometimes good for fashion, but soon gets tired.

Can you show some examples of groups lit with a ringlight, because I can't imagine it looking 'good', I just wonder if we've got our wires crossed.

It's a very particular 'look' that's sometimes good for fashion, but soon gets tired.
It's sometimes over-used for fashion, but at very close distance - use it on a group and it will in effect just be a small, on camera flash, which is possibly the worst lighting imaginable...
And although I have no personal experience of LED ringlights, I'm pretty sure that they won't have anywhere near enough power.

Back