Lightning Scramble

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I've bought a ticket for this on November 12th and making the lengthy trip up to Bruntingthorpe, any ideas of what to expect or sample photos from previous events? Details are quite thin on the ground but I fancied trying something a little different.

You can get very close to the aircraft compared to a flying display - ear defenders are recommended. Even though the Lightnings and other planes don't take off, they still use reheat, it's incredibly loud.

Get there early, you will be waiting around but the events are popular and you need a place at the front of the crowd line in order to get good photographs

Take your own lunch, catering is not very exciting and the queues were long when I last went.

Have a good day, it's great to see and hear these fine machines.

Chris

I've bought a ticket for this on November 12th and making the lengthy trip up to Bruntingthorpe, any ideas of what to expect or sample photos from previous events? Details are quite thin on the ground but I fancied trying something a little different.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/eelightning/

This group on Facebook (you will need to join but well worth it if you have any interest in things Lightning) has some posts by a Chris Norris with a bit more info about this event.

HTH

D

Last edited:
Back