Lightroom 3 £120 PC World

Hi John

Maybe the wrong place to ask the question, but what does Lightroom 3 do at 4 times the price of Elements 4 from the same supplier? If it is worth the money then I'd be happy to buy it, but Im a bit confused really. :help:

Thanks, Peter

Peter.

I'm really not the one to answer the question competently, I just put the info up. Seemed like a reasonable price, for software that is normally horrendously priced. What with Christmas on the way. :)

John.

Lightroom is totally non-destructive and applies actions to an original file, whereas elements (I believe) works on the original file. Another good thing about lightroom is its ability to catalogue images, that and it can apply the same settings to multiple images.

If only it had true internal layers it would be the only app needed.

Hi John

Maybe the wrong place to ask the question, but what does Lightroom 3 do at 4 times the price of Elements 4 from the same supplier? If it is worth the money then I'd be happy to buy it, but Im a bit confused really. :help:

Thanks, Peter

LIghtroom is a complete workflow in one piece of software. It's got excellent cataloguing capabilities, a superb raw or jpeg processor that is designed around photographers, and the ability to batch process your images.

Just to name a few things. I have photoshop and I hardly ever use it - Lightroom is just so much easier.

Why not download the trial from Adobe and give it a go before splashing out? 30 days fully functional.

I think of LR3 as a digital darkroom + catalog while PSE9 is a photo editor with a box to put photos in :)

Also LR3 is 64 bit and uses all my CPU cores so is much faster :)

Thanks guys, I'll maybe try downloading the trial version. I see it's a couple of years old now, so maybe there's a version 4 on the way if they are selling cheap. :thinking:

Back