Lightroom 6 Tight Arse Alert

I have LR 6.14, what does this update do fir it?
Nothing, but Its the exe file needed to install 6.14 should you ever need to
I reinstalled LR6 on a new machine when my old PC crashed and it only automatically loads 6.1.
No longer able to get the latest version via the update in the drop down menu.

For example one of my cameras needs 6.11 to use the built in raw converter.
I had to contact Adobe and they sent me a link to get it back to 6.14.
Once support ends as stated in my link that option will cease to exist

Last edited:
Thank
Nothing, but Its the exe file needed to install 6.14 should you ever need to
I reinstalled LR6 on anew machine when my old PC crashed and it only automatically loads 6.1.
No longer able to get the latest version via the update in the drop down menu.

For example one of my cameras needs 6.11 to use the built in raw converter.
I had to contact Adobe and they sent me a link to get it back to 6.14.
Once support ends as stated in my link that option will cease to exist
Thanks, it will be a useful tool then. Some time ago I got a new computer but coudn't load my LR 6.14 so I went back to my old one hopefully this new exe file will allow me to load it in the future. Again thanks of rposting the link.

Thank

Thanks, it will be a useful tool then. Some time ago I got a new computer but coudn't load my LR 6.14 so I went back to my old one hopefully this new exe file will allow me to load it in the future. Again thanks of rposting the link.
Also remember you will need all the registration codes if you upgraded from a previous version.
I still need the original LR3 code because LR6 was bought at the upgrade price.

For any other tight arses like me this may be of interest.
Probably a good idea to copy the 6.14 update because it will soon be gone for good.
https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-6-end-of-support.html
Sadly the time has probably come for me to try this out. Last night my hard drive crashed and will no longer load Windows, I contacted the repair man who now has the machine and will "do what he can" but it will certainly need a new hard drive. If he can clone the old one my LR&PS should work as normal, if not I will have to reload them and try this fix. :oops: :$

Sadly the time has probably come for me to try this out. Last night my hard drive crashed and will no longer load Windows, I contacted the repair man who now has the machine and will "do what he can" but it will certainly need a new hard drive. If he can clone the old one my LR&PS should work as normal, if not I will have to reload them and try this fix. :oops: :$
Hope it works out whatever happens with your machine.
Reconciled myself that when I get a new PC it will be subscription time.
Had a good run for my money so can't really complain.

Thanks Rich, I may end up there myself anyway but here's hoping.........

Just two pence worth.
I purchased the L/R cloud last time it was on offer from Amazon BIG MISTAKE should have read more into it, can only open an image direct to Photoshop so reinstalled the 6.14 version and purchased DXO pure raw (shoot a lot in heavily wooded areas so high ISO) works great as can denoise in DXO and send to a L/R watch folder as a DNG 6.14 opens it and away I go and get to open the files in basically any other app. Russ.

Just two pence worth.
I purchased the L/R cloud last time it was on offer from Amazon BIG MISTAKE should have read more into it, can only open an image direct to Photoshop so reinstalled the 6.14 version and purchased DXO pure raw (shoot a lot in heavily wooded areas so high ISO) works great as can denoise in DXO and send to a L/R watch folder as a DNG 6.14 opens it and away I go and get to open the files in basically any other app. Russ.
You can also use PureRaw as a plug in on LR 6.14, that's what I do now.

Hi, problem I have with that is L/R can't read the Sony A7 iv RAW files

Hi, problem I have with that is L/R can't read the Sony A7 iv RAW files
Good point, I tend to forget that aspect, its ok with my Panasonic G9.
I use it the same way as you with my GX9, raw converter with bonuses

Good news (for me) the computer repair guy said the drive was just rammed full so couldn't start Windows, he fitted a new much larger drive and cloned the old one. I now have it back and everything is as was with all my programmes (LR/PS included) so I am now a happy man again. :D :D

Last edited:
Good news (for me) the conputer repair guy said the drive was just rammed full so couldn't start Windows, he fitted a new much larger drive and cloned the old one. I now have it back and everything is as was with all my programmes (LR/PS included) so I am now a happy man again. :D :D
Good news indeed, glad it worked out so well Paul

Good news (for me) the computer repair guy said the drive was just rammed full so couldn't start Windows, he fitted a new much larger drive and cloned the old one. I now have it back and everything is as was with all my programmes (LR/PS included) so I am now a happy man again. :D :D
Just a quick update on this, my Laptop is a Dell Lattitude running Windows 7 on a tiny hard drive but it does run my standalone LR&PS. After my Desktop issues I asked the guy if it was possible to put a bigger hard drive into it, clone the old one and update it to Windows 10 (but keep my LR&PS). Anyway I now have a 1TB hard drive in it with Windows 10 and both LR&PS work fine so I am now a very happy man I have enough Laptop power to be away from the desktop for any length of time and still function on my old LR&PS. :D :D :D

Back