Lightroom and photoshop black friday deal?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

Does anybody know if there would be Black Friday sale for lightroom and photoshop subscription plan this year?

Thanks

Yasar

Last edited:
It's on sale for £72 today

So how would that work for someone that already has the monthly subscription ?

Would you need to cancel the subscription the buy the New promotion offer. ?

And would they let you do that in the first place

Coho - Blue

Coho - Blue
The newly purchased promotional offer for a year would start as soon as you activate it. Once expired your current monthly subscription would kick back in again. I tend to have 2-3 years worth of annual pronotional offers stacked up but I am also aware that when I finally let them run out my monthly subscription will start back up. I have about 10 months left to pay on mine and I am assuming it will be at the monthly rate I started it at a few years ago but ……. :)

Last edited:

Coho - Blue
You just log into your account and redeem the code you receive. It then gives you 12 months subscription there and then, and moves your next payment date 12 months into the future. Takes about 1 minute, no need to cancel and re-sign up or anything like that. As above, you can stack them as well so if you buy 2 codes it would give you 2 years.

So you can buy but you don’t need to register it until the present annual months run out

I suppose you could do it that way, but there is no need for making it more complicated than necessary. If you're on a rolling annual subscription, then you'd have to remember to do it then and get your timing right. Plus there's always the risk that the new code might expire if you don't use it (I've not checked the T&Cs).

Just redeem the code you got straight away and the next monthly payment that Adobe will take from your card will be deferred for a year.

Last edited:
It used to be when you bought it you had to choose which OS Mac or pc, but that isn’t the case now is it, I thought it was because used to be a disc but I read that latter day disks also gave you the choice?
I suppose you could do it that way, but there is no need for making it more complicated than necessary. If you're on a rolling annual subscription, then you'd have to remember to do it then and get your timing right. Plus there's always the risk that the new code might expire if you don't use it (I've not checked the T&Cs).

Just redeem the code you got straight away and the next monthly payment that Adobe will take from your card will be deferred for a year.
I bought annual subscription, that was my point?

If you prepaid £119.21 for a year in one go, then I would expect the next annual payment Adobe take to be deferred for a year, so if it's due in Feb 2023, then you won't get billed another £119 till Feb 2024.

It used to be when you bought it you had to choose which OS Mac or pc, but that isn’t the case now is it, I thought it was because used to be a disc but I read that latter day disks also gave you the choice?

Adobe have been using multi-platform licenses for many years now, yes. IIRC Lightroom was always multi-platform (certainly going back to v2.0 upon checking my licence history with Adobe)

The last single-platform Adobe licence that I can see there is for Photoshop CS5 for Mac OS in 2010.

Last edited:
Sorted through Amazon Black Friday deal.
Thanks to everyone for their help.

Cheers

I bought it too. I nearly went for the LR only but i spend the money for clouds which i never really use... At least it is there if i need it and I might try the phone app sometimes.

I bought it too. I nearly went for the LR only but i spend the money for clouds which i never really use... At least it is there if i need it and I might try the phone app sometimes.
The LR only version is the cloud based version and doesn't include LR classic desktop version (Adobe don’t offer a lightroom classic only version). You’d need the 1TB cloud storage if you went with LR only version as the files would be saved in the cloud storage rather than your hard drive.

I
If you prepaid £119.21 for a year in one go, then I would expect the next annual payment Adobe take to be deferred for a year, so if it's due in Feb 2023, then you won't get billed another £119 till Feb 2024.
i paid £72 Amazon similar to this one so yes I could have bought another year which would start once this years finishes but I’ll wait till near the time, cheers

£72 is on the lower end, the lowest ever was £69.99. I've been doing this for like 4 years and currently won't run out until Nov 2026.

Buy as much as you can and stack them, I think it's maximum of 5 years.

FYI, from most recent to oldest.

£72.99 (on Prime Day back in the summer)
£79.99
£89.99
£84.99
£79.99
£69.99

Last edited:
The LR only version is the cloud based version and doesn't include LR classic desktop version (Adobe don’t offer a lightroom classic only version). You’d need the 1TB cloud storage if you went with LR only version as the files would be saved in the cloud storage rather than your hard drive.

Gosh, good job i didn't get that! I use 99.5% of the LR desktop and 0.5% photoshop.

£72 is on the lower end, the lowest ever was £69.99. I've been doing this for like 4 years and currently won't run out until Nov 2026.

£79.99
£89.99
£84.99
£79.99
£69.99

that's bonker never thought you could stake it up like this.

that's bonker never thought you could stake it up like this.

Yup, you are saving yourself about 30% off the subscription model. It works out about the same cost as when buying LR at every release, they were like £120-140 per licence per year.

How do I buy and stack? I just pay a monthly fee and it rolls over. Do I need to cancel that first and then buy this?

How do I buy and stack? I just pay a monthly fee and it rolls over. Do I need to cancel that first and then buy this?

You go to Amazon, you buy a 12 months Adobe sub.

They send you a code.

You redeem on Adobe site. (just google Redeem Adobe code)

The 12 months gets added to your account. This suspends the monthly subscription automatically until the 12 months you added on finishes. You don't need to cancel.

If you add another 12 months, it adds 12 months on the end of that.

If you add ANOTHER 12 months, it adds that 12 months on after that.

If you add yet ANOTHER 12 months, it also add that 12 months on after that.

If you are like me who continues to add it on, the card details on the account is out of date anyway! They haven't taken a penny from my subscription for like 4 years.

Reactions: A_S

£79.99
£89.99
£84.99
£79.99
£69.99
Raymond ,have you actually initiated those purchases to Adobe or are you just waiting to do it when the current one ends?
Edit ,just saw your other post above,so you redeem them as you buy, as has been questioned in the thread,what if you kept them but only redeemed them when needed,so for example the last 12 month one you bought say you kept it until 2015 then redeemed it,it should still be valid yes?
further edit, just spoke to Adobe and they said the time limit if any on the code should be mentioned in the activation email from Amazon.

Last edited:
further edit, just spoke to Adobe and they said the time limit if any on the code should be mentioned in the activation email from Amazon.

I just checked, and I can see any mention of it in my email from Amazon, nor on any of the pages it sends you to along the way.

For people with Creative Cloud bonus codes as qualified Adobe Stock Contributors, the codes are only valid for 12 months.

This code will expire in 12 months if not redeemed. Replacement codes will not be provided for expired codes.

I don't know if that's a clue for how long retail codes remain valid.

Unless you already have five years' worth of subscriptions stacked up at Adobe, or you are planning on using a different Adobe account in the future, I don't see any reason to defer redeeming your code, though.

Last edited:
Raymond ,have you actually initiated those purchases to Adobe or are you just waiting to do it when the current one ends?
Edit ,just saw your other post above,so you redeem them as you buy, as has been questioned in the thread,what if you kept them but only redeemed them when needed,so for example the last 12 month one you bought say you kept it until 2015 then redeemed it,it should still be valid yes?

I put them on as soon as I bought them, the 5 year limit is what I "found" through googling, i am not really 100% sure it is true, but i don't want to test it. I've had as high as 4 and a half years on it. It's currently just ticked down to exactly 4 years left (Nov 2026) as of this week. I could buy one this week and wait until December comes along and put that on so I have 4 years and 11 months.

Once you buy the code, I think you have to redeem it within a certain time period, the code has an expiry date on it.

I put them on as soon as I bought them, the 5 year limit is what I "found" through googling, i am not really 100% sure it is true, but i don't want to test it. I've had as high as 4 and a half years on it. It's currently just ticked down to exactly 4 years left (Nov 2026) as of this week. I could buy one this week and wait until December comes along and put that on so I have 4 years and 11 months.

Once you buy the code, I think you have to redeem it within a certain time period, the code has an expiry date on it.
what was the expiry date Raymond?

I just checked, and I can see any mention of it in my email from Amazon, nor on any of the pages it sends you to along the way.

For people with Creative Cloud bonus codes as qualified Adobe Stock Contributors, the codes are only valid for 12 months.

I don't know if that's a clue for how long retail codes remain valid.

Unless you already have five years' worth of subscriptions stacked up at Adobe, or you are planning on using a different Adobe account in the future, I don't see any reason to defer redeeming your code, though.
I agree buy and validate .

£79.99
£89.99
£84.99
£79.99
£69.99
Lowest ever was lower than what you have stated.

Attachments

• DD99ACD9-A838-4548-9342-AD7A0E858C83.jpeg
    DD99ACD9-A838-4548-9342-AD7A0E858C83.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 22

£79.99
£89.99
£84.99
£79.99
£69.99
Actually have bought a few times at around £50

That must be the one. Can you remember when was that available?

Last time I bought at that price was on last Black Friday last year. Was also the same on prime day but only for a few hours didn’t bother getting another then.

Last edited:
Actually have bought a few times at around £50

I bought it once from that random site for £40, then 3 weeks later Adobe told me (and many others) the codes were fraudulent and were to close my whole account!

Never again.

(I end up emailing them all my receipts from Amazon and told them to remove the fake code and the year. They end up doing nothing, and I got a PayPal refund for that £40 so I kinda got a year free…)

Last edited:
I bought it once from that random site for £40, then 3 weeks later Adobe told me (and many others) the codes were fraudulent and were to close my whole account!

Never again.

(I end up emailing them all my receipts from Amazon and told them to remove the fake code and the year. They end up doing nothing, and I got a PayPal refund for that £40 so I kinda got a year free…)

Yeah I remember that happening after someone on here recommended that site.

I have only ever bought it from Amazon.

Have usually been able to get for under £50 though although not always.

Last time I bought at that price was on last Black Friday last year. Was also the same on prime day but only for a few hours didn’t bother getting another then.

From this thread on Overclockers, it looks like the £48.90 offer was gone by 10am last year and it went back up to £79, so you may have to be quick tomorrow morning.

Though it seems that a lot of the codes being sold through Amazon (by Amazon?!) at that low price were fakes

I had remembered seeing this thread from @Raymond Lin about fake Adobe codes supplied by gamvio.com, but I don't recall seeing question marks over Amazon before

Back