Lightroom and RAW

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
i was just messing around in the house today with the camera and was shooting in RAW. i went to upload the photos into lightroom, and it told me that there were no images to be found.:thinking: so i went and tried to upload them onto my computer, everthing ran as usual until i went to look for the photos, i couldnt find them? :bang:

anyone know what my problem might be?

how have you tried looking for them? with windows explorer? sounds like they never transferred to be honest.

yes i looked, for a while and couldnt find anything.
as for the nikon codec question, im not familiar with "codecs". feel free to educate me.
and yes, i did have a memory card in, i went ahead and re shot the shots in jpg fine and managed to transfer them no problem.

Sounds weird.

I would repeat the procedure, and double check everything as you proceed.

When you insert the card into the computer make sure that you can see the .nef files on the card. That's the extension for Nikon RAW. If so then import the images, making sure that they are imported to a NEW location. If not they are left on the card and not transferred to the computers hard drive. Use the down loader dialogue box to navigate to a folder you want the images stored in.

so i tried again today, shooting in raw and trying to upload them. i DID get it to work, BUT the only way i could edit the image was in photoshop. i tried to import it into lightroom and it told me that the file has been damaged. i did do some pp in ps. as well i had to keep my camera on while moving the photos to my desired location. if i turned it off, the photos and D200 file disappears.:thinking:

??

Hi Nikonian. I hope I'm not teaching Grandma to suck eggs,but did you load your photos direct from your Camera? or did you use a card reader? The latter is usually more reliable. I hope this helps.:)

Back