Lightroom CC 2015 slows down after applying lots of brush strokes.

Edit My Images
No
Hi , I have Lightroom CC 2015 installed on Asus N56VJ laptop:

Processor: Intel(r) Core(TM) i5 -3210M CPU @ 2.50 GHz
RAM: 16Gb
System type: 64-bit
Graphic: Nvidia Geforce 635M
System: Windows 8.1

I had no problems either with my laptop or lightroom before. Everything was smooth and fast, any corrections in Lightroom were completed with in split second. While working on my next picture I've applied graduated filter and started cleaning mask with erase brash. At some point, after applying 100+ brush stokes Lightroom became unusable. Any correction I do takes 5-10 second. I tried following steps but still no change:
1. Turn Off Your GPU Acceleration
2. Optimize Catalog
3. Increase Cache from 1Gb to 30Gb
4. Update graphic driver.
5. Clear History
6. Purge cache
7.Trash Preferences

The worst part is that I still have a long way to go to achieve result I want. Probably I should started in Photoshop instead of Lightroom. Anyway any suggestions how to make my Lightroom go back on track.
Thanks!

I'd never had any issues with LR slowing down until recently. The last couple of weeks I've noticed a delay when applying brushes. I don't know if Adobe have changed something in a recent update but if I have I hope they're working on fixing it because it's getting a bit annoying.

Yes, I have found the brush can be slow at times, yet other times it's nowhere near as bad.

It turned out my computer was running my daily backup still from 2am! I tried it at a different time (and after a reboot) and it was far, far better.

Back