LightRoom CC 8.1 Memory Issue

Name
T
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I have LR CC 8.1 and it is converting my Canon EOS 7Dii Raw files to DNG and I believe this may be causing my PC memory to be cained !
My PC is ;
CPU intel Katy Land i7 4.2GHz socket 1151,
motherboard ASUS TUF Z270 mark II DDR4 ATX
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2X 8GB DDR 4 3200MHz
Graphics Card Gigabyte George GTX 980 Ti VGA
2 x SSD and 3 normal HDD
Operating System is Windows 7

So the rig is more than capable of handling intensive rendering and programs and since processing my 7Dii Raw files I have noticed the memory resource has vastly increased !
I use to own a 7D original and had no problems with the Raw files. I had yo upgrade from LR 3.5 as 7Dii Raw files were not being recognised in LR 3.5

Any ideas please why this is happening ! ?

I have a similar PC specification to you but have no problems with processing my 5D MkIV Raw files with LR cc. I do not normally convert to dng but would not have thought that this would be a serious issue though will take some time if converting hundreds of files. If you run the Task Manager you can see how much memory is being used in this process. I have 16GB of memory and note that occasionally the processes do consume just over 12 GB. When I replace my PC, I would certainly increase the memory to 32GB but no hurry at this time. Incidentally LR cc is at 8.2 now so try the upgrade just in case that makes a difference.

Dave

If you're using Lightroom CC then why take the extra step of converting to DNG? Lightroom should be able to read the 7DII files with no problem

Back