Lightroom Classic to Camera raw (how)

Name
Neil Williams
Edit My Images
No
Guys
When I'm in Lightroom classic and click on "edit in Photoshop 2023" Lightroom takes me to Photoshop 2023. I would like it to take me to Camera Raw first............is there a way to do that and if so how?
Thanks in advance

Neil

Guys
When I'm in Lightroom classic and click on "edit in Photoshop 2023" Lightroom takes me to Photoshop 2023. I would like it to take me to Camera Raw first............is there a way to do that and if so how?
Thanks in advance

Neil
Why?

The DEVELOP module in Lightroom is ACR.

If you can wrap your head round this ( I can't) it seems to answer the question

Why?

The DEVELOP module in Lightroom is ACR.
I don't like the way that Lightroom Develop module over saturates when using AUTO correct. Lightroom and ACR don't use the same settings.......see below.
Below is the RAW file
DSC_2786RAW.jpg
Here is the file AUTO corrected in Lightroom Develop module
DSC_2786DEVE-2.jpg
Here is the same file AUTO corrected in Camera Raw
DSC_2786ACR.jpg
I feel that the Lightroom AUTO corrected files in the Develop module are over saturated..............below you can see that they use different settings altogether.
Lightroom
Screenshot-2023-08-10-at-18.23.17lightroom.jpg
ACR
Screenshot-2023-08-10-at-18.26.09ACR.jpg

If you can wrap your head round this ( I can't) it seems to answer the question

Hi Chris,
Yes Ive seen that before but the problem is Im sending RAW files from Lightroom to PS. The above is only for TIFF and JPGs. Im basically just using Lightroom classic as a filling system

I don't like the way that Lightroom Develop module over saturates when using AUTO correct. Lightroom and ACR don't use the same settings.......see below.
Below is the RAW file

I feel that the Lightroom AUTO corrected files in the Develop module are over saturated..............below you can see that they use different settings altogether.
Lightroom
View attachment 397967
ACR
View attachment 397968

Well I have just compared ACR to Lightroom and they both gave the exact same result.

In your example above the ACR image has the white balance set at 0 which is what happens when you open a TIFF file in ACR.

Well I have just compared ACR to Lightroom and they both gave the exact same result.

In your example above the ACR image has the white balance set at 0 which is what happens when you open a TIFF file in ACR.
Well that's strange because as you can see from the screenshots taken on my computer there defiantly not the same

Well that's strange because as you can see from the screenshots taken on my computer there defiantly not the same
That is because you are comparing a TIFF file to a RAW file.

i have just been having a play, I can get it to work but its a bit complicated to say the least
In LRC I set the additional editor to adobe Bridge, that gives me the option in Photo>edit to use Bridge as well as PS, that opens Bridge but you then have find the file, double click opens it in ACR.

i have just been having a play, I can get it to work but its a bit complicated to say the least
In LRC I set the additional editor to adobe Bridge, that gives me the option in Photo>edit to use Bridge as well as PS, that opens Bridge but you then have find the file, double click opens it in ACR.
Geesh, why not just edit it in PS as normal and click Filter->Camera Raw Filter or press the appropriate shortcut keys?

Geesh, why not just edit it in PS as normal and click Filter->Camera Raw Filter or press the appropriate shortcut keys?
Just for the record I am quite happy with LRC >PS but the RAW filter is the obvious choice is thats what the OP wants
BTW I did not know about it so thanks for the tip

As has been said, the Develop module in LR is Adobe Camera RAW. You're sending a file to the exact same piece of software in a slightly different dress

Guys
Thanks in advance

Neil
I don't "think" it's possible to directly send raw files from Lightroom, without a plugin. Programs like Photolab 6, that require raw files, provide a plugin to extract the raw file.

If you are on a Mac, you could right click on the image in LR and chose "view file in finder" (I'm not sure what the exact wording is) and then right click on the raw file and choose to open it in photoshop, which will open ACR.

Thanks for all the feedback and tips. Last night I had a good old chinwag to myself and came up with this.
Right click on image in Lightroom classic > Edit in PS
Run this action that I created last night for my bird/wildlife images
Before
Screenshot-2023-08-11-at-07.49.42.jpg
After
Screenshot-2023-08-11-at-07.52.53.jpg
The whole process of the action running took less than 20 seconds, and because all the actions are in individual layers they can easily be tweaked as required.......pretty chuffed with myself

Thanks for all the feedback and tips. Last night I had a good old chinwag to myself and came up with this.
Before
View attachment 398020
After
View attachment 398021
The whole process of the action running took less than 20 seconds, and because all the actions are in individual layers they can easily be tweaked as required.......pretty chuffed with myself
" I had a good old chinwag to myself and came up with this. Right click on image in Lightroom classic >Edit in PS"

I don't want to be churlish, but that's what I suggested you did :)

Before
View attachment 398020
After
View attachment 398021

And what exactly has that got to do with Auto Correct in Lightroom and ACR using different settings?

And what exactly has that got to do with Auto Correct in Lightroom and ACR using different settings?
Everything.
I was looking for a short cut to ACR and now I have one click to photoshop followed by an action which includes ACR in the first step………… Perfect

" I had a good old chinwag to myself and came up with this. Right click on image in Lightroom classic >Edit in PS"

I don't want to be churlish, but that's what I suggested you did :)
I know you did and thank you. It all came together nicely after all

Everything.
I was looking for a short cut to ACR and now I have one click to photoshop followed by an action which includes ACR in the first step………… Perfect
So you are editing a TIFF file in ACR, why not just edit the RAW file in Lightroom?

Sorry I thought I mentioned it before. I don’t like the way “Lightroom Develop” auto corrects my Nikon RAW files
Well you can adjust the applied settings. You can also create presets.

Back