Lightroom issue trying to retrieve older images

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Had this previously but always managed to resolve it but this time I’m struggling so either I’m older and less wise or things have changed.

I’m trying to retrieve some shots from last year for possible re-editing etc but I can’t get them to open for editing in Lightroom.

I have attached a picture of what I see when I go to my laptop hard drive.

Previously I’m sure I just clicked on the image I wanted to edit and it looked it was downloading it from the cloud (the cloud image changed) and then when I went back in to Lightroom and all worked fine but now it seems to open it in Camera Raw and then take it to Photoshop

Anyway point me in the right direction ?

Many thanks

Picture for the above

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 15.01.35.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 15.01.35.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 16
seems like the folder "lightroom2021" and "Lightroom 2020" have been moved, i think you can just right click it and choose something like "manually find older" or something simular

Yes, I am using Classic and thank you both as that has sorted my problem and I can now access all my older shots.

If you don't mind can I ask another question

I started another folder "Lightroom 2022"" and inadvertently imported a number of pictures to a folder that was not "inside" the Lightroom 2022 one. It's no real issue but I try to keep them all tidy. Is there a way to move the folder with the pictures in into the Lightroom 2022 one without causing issues ?

Am I just ok to move the whole folder on my hard drive in to the 2022 one ?

PS I should point out that I have actually done some editing on them already

QFE, a Q code used by pilots and air traffic controllers that refers to atmospheric pressure and altimeter settings ...???? Are we airborne?

Always move folders from within LR! Then it'll keep track.

Thank you. I will do that later. Must admit I would have got that wrong.

@tonybassplayer - the main reason that images get "lost" in LR is that people use Windows file explorer to move them and that causes LR to lose track of the folders/files. If you want to move things around then always do it within LR and all will be well :)

Back