Lightroom mobile update - brush tool!!!

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
The title says it all, Lightroom mobile now has a brush adjustment tool, as well as a newly defined interface for the iPad.
This is perfect on the new iPad Pro :)

Is LR mobile any good nowadays? how's it's responsiveness with raws and how well does it sync with LR proper?

Vaguely pondering trying one.

I've avoided it in the past, but fast and slick on the new iPad Pro for me.

SD card adapter brings my compressed Fuji raw files onto the iPad import those into light room edit them is raw and they sync automatically to my desktop perfectly.
I was really missing the brush adjustment as that's what I used the most but now that in here it's near perfect as far as I'm concerned.

The one thing it still lacks is healing - this is done in a separate adobe app.

So the raw files sync to desktop? and you can then delete them from the iPad.

Healing is useful but not a dealbreaker (and presumably will happen at some point), brushes are very useful so that's good. What about grads (with smart masking)?

So the raw files sync to desktop? and you can then delete them from the iPad.

Healing is useful but not a dealbreaker (and presumably will happen at some point), brushes are very useful so that's good. What about grads (with smart masking)?

Graduated filters and the spot filters are there too, however unlike on the full desktop version you cannot brush away aspects of the graduated filter from a horizon for example.

Regarding the raw files, I have not actually tried deleting them yet from the iPad, but I do automatically sync to the desktop. Once synced the pictures can be pushed back to the iPad , but they will come down as smart previews.

Any changes made to the picture on the desktop will be reflected on the iPad even if the iPad does not support that editing itself ( this includes spot healing)

The additional tools added today are fantastic, however the (yet again) new layout is absolutely awful.

I'm using an iPad Pro 10.5". The amount of space left for the image you are working on, in comparison to the space taken up by the tools panel is tiny.

(Layout-wise) why not just leave things alone? Or if you are finally going to have the tool panel looking more traditional, then do what Affinity Photo for iPad does and have the tools auto-hide.

Adobe are on a roll getting things wrong lately.

Ta,
Shane :)

I've avoided it in the past, but fast and slick on the new iPad Pro for me.

SD card adapter brings my compressed Fuji raw files onto the iPad import those into light room edit them is raw and they sync automatically to my desktop perfectly.
I was really missing the brush adjustment as that's what I used the most but now that in here it's near perfect as far as I'm concerned.

The one thing it still lacks is healing - this is done in a separate adobe app.
you have the CC version then Furt?guess I shouldn't expect RAW conversion for free ,though if one has the standalone they could make some concessions :)

Ah yes I do. I had forgotten the raw capability was part of CC, and to be honest before I got the iPad Pro I was considering cancelling CC and going with a standalone lightroom or another product, as I really can't be bothered to sit in front of the PC to edit all the time. The iPad Pro has given me opportunity to mix my workflow to match my location but keep everything together, so the creative cloud sync aspect has become quite useful.

Instead I bought a 12 month subscription from Amazon on their prime day last week, so that's 12 months for £70, or £5.80 per month. About once a year the price droppes to 70 quid, and you can buy the code before your current subscription runs out, and apply at any time that suits.

Ive hardly used Lightroom CC over the past year, id rather sit on my couch and use the mobile version on my ipad pro. With this new update this version is getting very close to the desktop version as far as the big features go, but still a long way off before i can stop using the desktop version completely,
it handles raw files well and i like that it transfers the raw file to my desktop version automatic.

I dont like the new interface although i understand why they did this.

Back