Lightroom on multiple computers

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I know that historically although you could have LR on a PC and a laptop, you couldn’t have Lightroom synced between 2 computers. The only way to run LR on a separate hard drive or have a messy esport and import workflow

I wondered if this was still the same under the newer Cloud based platform so for example run Classic on the desktop and CC on a second laptop and also on an iPad.

I know that historically although you could have LR on a PC and a laptop, you couldn’t have Lightroom synced between 2 computers. The only way to run LR on a separate hard drive or have a messy esport and import workflow

I wondered if this was still the same under the newer Cloud based platform so for example run Classic on the desktop and CC on a second laptop and also on an iPad.

Yes this would work as long as you tick the little lightning bolt symbol in Lightroom Classic to sync your collections. They would appear in Lightroom CC on another computer. So it won't sync your entire catalogue, but there's nothing stopping you from syncing every collection in Lightroom Classic so you can see them in Lightroom CC on another computer or your iPad.

Edit: Also as you're only syncing Smart Previews this doesn't count towards your cloud storage limit

Back